1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: 1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cheers mate, Ive seen plenty of real ones, but not side by side with other tanks and certainly not in 1/16th.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Cheers mate, Ive seen plenty of real ones, but not side by side with other tanks and certainly not in 1/16th.
So Mr Herman here are a few quick snaps of the Hetzer nestled in between it's big brothers in my shop. Although the Jagdsturmtiger is fictional and much larger than a Tiger I, it should still give you scale. His other ornery brother (the panther) is a good one to compare to Imageme thinks.....ImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Aww the poor little thing !!
Roof height the same as the engine deck of a Panther !! :O
Must have been a close knit crew ??

Doing a magnificent job mate, most jokers would be happy to have one............you ?
You have two :wtf: :think:

The real ones I've seen were always outside museums or alone in a display/diorama inside one.
This gives a sense of scale in relation to the usual tanks we deal with.

Thanks for doing the comparo' thing :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

You are most welcome my friend and I really appreciate your kind words
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Nice one Mr Rainford :clap:
I wonder though, how you can leave your Panther unattended 8O

Speaking of the space inside the Panzerjäger 38t, have a look at the "inside the Chieftain's hatch" season.

phpBB [video]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Oh Soeren that's one of my favorites just waiting for some attention
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

c.rainford73 wrote:Some fun today on fathers Day and time with family and of course my tanks Image

As I await many parts for the Blue Star kit, I continued on with the An-Bri set. I added the schurzen plates and hangers. Some tools and photo etched pieces.

Still waiting for the iconic remote control machine gun and mount. Working with Stian behind the scenes for Clark boards for the pair of tank hunters. ImageI'm sure they will sound spectacular.

So with some filling and sanding, two coats of primer and base coat here is the An bri hetzer as it currently sits....

Much more to do with electronics etc....

Hopefully it would have made its designer (Andreas Brinker) proudImageImage[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-
Carl that look just great. There is one thing I'm wondering about, and maybe they had different variants. On my Hetzer there's a gap between the rear fenders and the underside of the top, and the wire snips are tucked in on one side. Yours look like they're tight up against the underside. Should mine be higher?

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Your is correct, Gary (and looks great, too!). Andreas Brinker's kits are good, but they aren't super accurate; they often have streamlined details like that for ease of moulding.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Gary, your hetzer is built with high accuracy. The Blue Star kit I have is also very accurate and the fenders and brackets are like yours. In fact I've ordered a special set of large photo etch benders so that I can start working on the Blue Star kit. There are three full sheets of brass etch for that little bugger :crazy:

The An-Bri kit is not an accurate version, but for the cool factor, or for the average person who isn't as well versed in tanks like we are, it does look the part. Once I fit the Clark board from Maxmekker and paint it in ambush camouflage it will be packed with enough punch to look good running around :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It looks great right now, Carl, and I only see it getting better. I was worried mine needed to be changed! I've dealt with Blue Star before, and he sent me some sample T34 bedspring armor that I gave away in a drawing. That was a few years ago. Can't remember his name off hand and I don't know if he's still in business. The PE was first class, both the bedspring armor and I also got a bunch of end caps for 200 liter fuel drums in both wehrmacht and waffen SS. One of these days i'll come up with a drum I think is good enough for them. The new job has promise. They have a Mazak 5 axis that could easily make the cuts, accurately reproducing the rolling rings, and do it out of PVC so it would be cheap. Just glue in the end caps and paint. Just need to cozy up to the guy that runs it a bit. @) @) @)

I used 2 56 brass bolts on my hetzer and I think they look very good, and they also have bolts that would be better for 1/16. The ones I'm using are 3/16 across the flat, but the 0 80 bolts are just 1/8 across the flats so they might look very good on a 1/16 Hetzer. Does the PE skirt kit for the blue star come with bolts? If not, try these

http://www.microfasteners.com/hbb0008-0 ... brass.html
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Other Builds”