1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: 1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Carl, they have a restored Hetzer down under in Oz and Kevin send me a bunch of photos. Should I try to find them and send them to you?
Hi, Gary and Carl,
I think that that particular wee beastie used to belong to Bruce Crompton. In an episode of his TV series, 'Combat Dealers', we see the Hetzer being restored to working condition, and then being delivered to a Museum down under. The Crompton team, or maybe it was Oz Customs, 'mislaid' the newly 'furbed Hetzer at the docks in Oz; :O ....but then they eventually found it. :haha: I didn't think Hetzers were that small
I don't know if you can get 'Combat Dealers' in the US, but here's the episode list from IMDB, if you want to follow it up. :thumbup:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3730294/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Max-U52 wrote:Carl, they have a restored Hetzer down under in Oz and Kevin send me a bunch of photos. Should I try to find them and send them to you?
Yes indeed Gary that would be awesome

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

After a very long break, I've finally had an early day from work and enjoyed fitting the gearboxes and front drive sprockets from Christian Ludwig's shop.

I spent many hours measuring and fitting the base plate and gearbox mounts to dial them in so that the sprockets would align with the road wheels.

I took 2mm off the end of the gearbox shafts and used my dremel to taper the ends to snugly fit the drive sprockets. I'm very happy with the sprockets and think they work well with the detials of the blue Star resin kit.

I've also temporarily set the mg34 from Ludwig's shop in the cradle just to see how it works. Christian's upgrade parts are very nice !

Much much more work to do, but I do begin to see some progress. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Salacious Mr Rainford, you are certainly gifted.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you mr Bix. You are too kind :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wow, I bet that was fun getting both those shafts in Gingers shaft holes 8O

Those gearboxes look rather nice :thumbup:
With the addition of that MG 34, it looks like there's no stopping this build, and you'll end up with a lovely enviable pair Carl :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks :wave: Now if only I can source some tracks for the little beast I'd really feel like I'm making progress. Everywhere I check they are out of stock. I'm looking for the spade ace metal tracks.

I've ordered a pair from China but no idea when they will arrive.

I'm glad the gearboxes and sprockets lined up.....
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

That looks like a proper Hetzer now. Glad you continued. I finally got me the Academy Hetzer in 1/35. Something I wanted to do for a long time now. That is a tiny tank compared to its contemporaries.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Been watching this , built up the Tamiya 1/35 model . Its on my wishlist for 1/16 scale . looking forward to seeing the gun traverse / elevation build and perhaps a powered roof MG.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you Soeren and Ronnie :wave: The gun mechanisms are next on my list. All will be scratch built and must meet my requirements based on a very small space. Now a remote controlled system for the roof mount machine gun sounds very interesting and should be easy to figure out..... :thumbup:

Return to “Other Builds”