1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: 1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

Post by Soeren »

Very nice. This is looking fantastic. Tank-Modells has a great selection of add on parts. These complement the Schumo parts nicely. I wonder who is the maker. The mg is said to be an MG3? It is based on the MG42. But there were changes made. But can't remember which.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

At the end of Word War II the original technical drawings and data for the MG 42 were captured by the Soviets. These would eventually find their way to Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia. Rheinmetall had to reverse engineer the first postwar machine guns from an original MG 42 gun. The first MG3 actually came into operation in 1968, having gone through 2 previous version, MG1 and MG2, with numerous sub variants. There is in interesting entry in Wikipedia, which is where this information came from.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes indeed, Will sort through the parts this week and start to get on with the assembly.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

The Blue star kit is on hold for now.

Decided to finish up the An bri kit before any more time was spent anywhere else. I've many builds at this point so it was time to drill down and get this one going toward the end.Image

This particular piece will not have barrel recoil or elevation so I decided to add a Taigen late edition electronics setup with the seperate sound card. I purchased from Dave ( mr Forgebear ) He is tops in my book!

The original idler wheels setup simply did not work for me as they needed to shift backward and down a bit. Now they work fantastic.

All the Taigen bits fit snugly in the small metal lower hull but I'm very happy.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Magnificent :clap: :clap:
Please do a sound set on the new Taigen electronics when you can.
I have heard the PzIV set and its brilliant.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Will do Mr Bix, I've wanted to try them out and will post a video up when it's ready
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
It's looking good! Will you hollow out the exhaust for appearances? Is there any rear lighting on this little monster?
regards.
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Spent some time at my work bench and started to paint and detail the An-Bri Hetzer. I've had some family matters to tend to so my time has been limited in the shop.

Sorry for the delayed response mr Painless, the Blue Star kit will have lighting and all the bells and whistles like recoil and elevation, but afraid this little beast will for the time being only have faux lighting and mostly painted details. Image

Deck tools are painted, machine gun and mount are painted. The upper hull superstructure slides off very nice and easy, yet simply stays in place with friction and the weight of the heavy resin cast hull.

The little beast is named "Otto"

Will get better photos tomorrow and also test the Taigen sound card electronics too Image

As always thank you very much for looking in

ImageImageImageImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Glorious :clap: :clap:
What green did you use ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Love it, great work Karl.

You’ve made very good progress :)

Return to “Other Builds”