Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

Post by tomhugill »

Thanks for the kind words chaps! Getting this finished is long overdue but it's proved very satisfying

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks. Finally pulling my finger out on the jagdpanzer, I've added the barrel cleaning holders and antenna (?) holders. Primed in red oxide and then started the camo. Using the ak scratch and scuff fluid I stead of the usual hairspray. I've been impressed with the results, chips are smaller and there are less big chunks coming off. Also no wrinkling of the paint which sometimes happens when I use hairspray. I've used panzer putty to do the hard edged camo. Again very impressive. No bleed, goes on easy, no residue. Literally apply, spray and remove straight away!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks. Finally pulling my finger out on the jagdpanzer, I've added the barrel cleaning holders and antenna (?) holders. Primed in red oxide and then started the camo. Using the ak scratch and scuff fluid I stead of the usual hairspray. I've been impressed with the results, chips are smaller and there are less big chunks coming off. Also no wrinkling of the paint which sometimes happens when I use hairspray. I've used panzer putty to do the hard edged camo. Again very impressive. No bleed, goes on easy, no residue. Literally apply, spray and remove straight away!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

A long time in the making, but well worth the effort. Looking good Tom. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom a big fan of your new chipping method! Looks spectacular
Tanks alot.... :wave:
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Your workmanship is outstanding! Bravo!
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Great result with the AK chipping fluid Tom, the fine details in the paintwork really complement the fine details in the model. It's a great looking vehicle, a worthy stablemate for the late StuG you just finished!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Your work is inspiring. A very, very nice Jagdpanzer. :thumbup:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Tom, the way you do scuffs and chips have always impressed me, but now that I've seen your cluttered cramped dark workstation, I really don't know how you do it, you must have the eyes of a cat or an owl.

Tremendous :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Tom, the way you do scuffs and chips have always impressed me, but now that I've seen your cluttered cramped dark workstation, I really don't know how you do it, you must have the eyes of a cat or an owl.

Tremendous :clap: :clap: :clap:
You're seeing it on a fairly tidy day! I should really invest in some better lighting. The flourescent tubes do ok but it's a fair cry from natural light

Return to “Other Builds”