Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

Post by tomhugill »

I've been lucky enough to persuade a the MAD president Gary (tankman) on here to trade me his Jagdpanzer IV L70 Lang part built project.

It's the vandra conversion on a Henglong chassis, but that doesn't really do it justice.

The chassis has been reinforced with an acrylic sheet in the base, battery box deletion and angled alloy reinforcement. New gearbox mounting plate has been added to correct the sprocket height. Late sprockets and idlers from asiatam. Adjustable idler mounts were added too. The 4th return roller has been deleted and the others moved, late steel return rollers added. Metal supension added, the leaf spring on the first bogie has been doubled to take the extra weight, taigen metal wheels have been added, asiatam steel wheels added for the first two pairs. Taigen steel 5:1 gears should provide plenty of power. The nose armour has been modded to the correct angle as the vandra one is is way way out.

Workong upwards, the drivers view port has been scratch built, the hull mg port added and moving armour plate added too. Mk-modellbau mantlet and saukoff replace the inaccurate vandra affair. Better scale photo etch chequer plate added to the fenders, high detail head lamp from mk-modellbau, opening hatches added to the front.

The whole of the engine deck has been scratch built as the Henglong is the wrong angle. Opening metal hatches added and spare wheel holders scratch built. Late exhausts have been scratch built (these function), little air filter on the back has been scratch built, two hitch detail has been added and more photo etch chequer plate on the rear sponsons.

Phew I didn't really appreciate everything done till I wrote it down! Watch this space for further updates. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom this is spectacularis the other "kit" very similar?
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Tom this is spectacularImageis the other "kit" very similar?
Hey Carl, thank you, I was very lucky with this one.

Yes the other ones got the same lower mods and nose armour mod but the upper hull stuff hasn't been done yet.
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

Like that a lot Going to be mint when it’s finished Tom
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

That is going to be one nice Jagdpanzer, amazing attention to detail so far, and I think we all know that you will finish it to perfection. Top job getting hold of it...was this one of the legendary four that were once spoken of in hushed tones in dark shadows.... :S
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Look forward to the build - some hefty alterations needed!

Gives me food for thought for mine.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Now the super Pershing's squared away I'm aiming to maintain the momentum. So next cab on the rank as it were is the Lang.

First order of business is getting the recoil, elevation and mantlet fitted.

To this end I decided to keep it simple stupid and only went for elevation as traverse would cause too many headaches and from having a tamiya jagdpanzer it was seldom used.

I cut back the resin of the hull slightly and attached the mounts for the recoil. Elevation servo was mounted to the top of the hull with thick styrene, crude but it works.

Next up back to the lower hull, one of stian sollies excellent speaker boxes with a fr7 speaker.and new Clark tk40 are mated to taigen 5:1 steel gearboxes. Not my favourites but they seem to work.

To attach the mantlet took some head scratching but in the end I added a length of styrene tube to the recoil unit and then glued the metal I sent for the mantlet to the tube, if I need to remove the recoil, the mantlet eases off.

Finally I added a 3mm bright white led for flash, bit of a tight squeeze down the barrel but got there in the end.

Next up I'll be adding the battle system. The emitter will probably go in the hole for the machine gun (might need to bore that out) and it's a toss up between a hidden system and a tbu, I have the tbu base and a suitable round hatch...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

More photos and video of it in actionImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

phpBB [video]