PAPER PANZER BUILD

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: PAPER PANZER BUILD

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
Needs more rings of varying sizes. It is turning out Great! Between you and Herman, you guys have convinced me to try this 'one fine day'
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

OK let me start over...... :crazy: There's always room for some more octopus rings and circles I'm sure. I am feeling the green and sand color less red brown at this point. Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I reckon the rings shapes are fine but need to be more bold...........oh, and count them !!............ :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

There must be a golden cut analogue for the right amount of rings per shape, size, color in relation to the surface, under consideration of the Base color and kind, shape, color of the wiggle lines or stripes in the campo. And don't forget about the shape of the casemate. Image ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Last edited by Soeren on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:There must be a golden cut analogue for the right amount of rings per shape, size, color in relation to the surface, under consideration of the Base color and kind, shape, color of the wiggle lines or stripes in the campo. And don't forget about the shape of the casemate. Image ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
From what I've read, ( I could be wrong) Imagethe octopus camouflage scheme that appeared on one king tiger during the last days of the war, was to be the new standard issue scheme going forward for the June 1945 - 1946 campaigns. Of course it never materialized as the war ended, but the Germans had planned ahead nonetheless....
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I have not been able to get more details on specifics and such. Since this is a one off what if panzer, my approach will be simply to do my best to make it as realistic as possible and have fun while doing it
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

c.rainford73 wrote:I have not been able to get more details on specifics and such. Since this is a one off what if panzer, my approach will be simply to do my best to make it as realistic as possible and have fun while doing it Image
Nono no!! As difficult and frustrating as possible so when it’s done , it’s more satisfying!!!!
Don’t forget to count them, I want to see how many you got in yours compared to mine .
By the time is was done, I was tired & delirious !!
Ole General Alpha wanted me to airbrush the stuffn things at the time.
Heeeell no
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So no counting done yet.... ImageBut went back to the desk and darkened the circles and added as many more as I'm happy with.

The circles have been broadened and enlarged in some cases and smaller ones added. I can clearly see the difference with the color variation and bolder circles.

Many thanks to my friends who chimed in and offered advice and kind words of wisdom

Thanks for checking it out

CarlImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
Perfecto! Strength of the color and greater numbers done. Following along.
regards!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Nice one Carl. Very leopardish. Had a look at the pictures of the Tiger II and can now imagine how that camouflage might have worked and that most modeller take a big sip of artistic licence here. And that is very ok, at least in my books. Your rework considerably improved the looks of the model.

Return to “Other Builds”