PAPER PANZER BUILD

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: PAPER PANZER BUILD

Post by Soeren »

That will be a beautifull set of tank destroyers :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks John and Soeren for checking in. Just ordered some bits for the brackets for the elevation setup and heavy duty recoil. So much going on now, so when I have time to work on it it's very rewarding
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Some time to work on a tank this weekend so I decided to continue with the Jagdsturmtiger. I purchased some heavy-duty hitec servos and made a custom bracket that holds the recoil servo and elevation connections.

The elevation is controlled by another heavy duty servo. The bracket not only works as a mount for the linkages but is heavy and curved in such a way so it works as a counterweight and cantilever to offset the heavy long gun. Image now my servos don't have to work so hard.

Mr Jackolope aka Terry is also part of this build. I recently purchased his IBU pro setup with amplifier and flysky radio for this particular piece. A big thank you to Terry and a big and warm wish for a speedy recovery my friend. Now she should come alive soon.....ImageImageImageImageImageImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Had quite a bit of time today. Was able to install the IBU pro and other electronics. Tested the elevation servo and recoil servos. All is functioning properly. Really a challenge with such a large gun. Image

Sprayed two coats of yellow to give me an idea of what I've got to fix and work with. Still need dual speakers and some other bits then I will need to paint all the tools and equipment.

Thanks so much for looking inImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Egorz
Lance Corporal

Post by Egorz »

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: Beautiful. Very good model.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Sweet :D
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

This is a beefy box of doom :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Confused.brain says Sturmtiger...........eyes say not -has long gun, reboot in progress :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

From the photos it seems you are using a standard FlySky i6 Tx, with a 10 channel Turnigy receiver with 8 channels connected. If this is so, presumably it means that Turnigy receivers are compatible with FlySky Tx, but how do you get 8 channels to work, please?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Egorz wrote::clap: Image :clap: Beautiful. Very good model.
Thanks so much Egorz Image

Return to “Other Builds”