PAPER PANZER BUILD

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PAPER PANZER BUILD

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mine had 211 of the damn things !!
I reckon you have more.

Nice Mr Rainford, innovative idea and sure is a case of 'all gun- no personality' eh :haha:
Stonkin job.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks for the big vote of confidence guysI will count them this weekend Mr Bix. You all were a big help. Before I joined the forum I would have never considered attempting a build like this
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Today I had a really nice day off. Decided to plug ahead with the Jagdsturmtiger and get it close to final stages. Added a very light brown filter with a hint of yellow and red. I think it brings the colors together and adds that dirty and worn late 1946 look. After the filters I went ahead and started chipping away at the edges and corners. Detailed all the tools and equipment.

Some waterslide decals add a subtle touch and it now has a name " Marlene" on the massive barrel. Image

Added rust and black pigments to the exhausts and wanted to make the blackened exhausts a bit more noticeable my theory is this beast is way overweight and making that Maybach work overtime!

Added two coats of testors Matt sealer laquer so I can continue weathering the hull with oils. The red oxide road wheels have some brown added and will be wethered soon with oils and pigments.

The awesome tank commander is from my buddy MichealC on the forum.

Thanks for checking in..... As always it's greatly appreciated

Oh by the way, mr Bix I've a total of 372 rings.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi carl, what a fantastic job, its stunning :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

SCHWING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a lot of Octopus Action mate :haha:
I knew 211 was no where near enough !
Looks harder than the back wall of a firing range...............wheels & tracks will sign it off.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Fantastic Carl. It naked this unique model ring 8| :thumbup:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I think you've done another stellar job, Carl. You've tied it all together beautifully, and the filters really make the camouflage colours and patterns work together. If you look at the pictures with slightly unfocused eyes, you can see how the stripes and octopus dots break up the vehicle's silhouette.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Much better - the rings and new red/brown works really well.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you fellas

Return to “Other Builds”