PAPER PANZER BUILD

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: PAPER PANZER BUILD

Post by Soeren »

With all the updates you have already planned this will turn into a real winner of a tank. :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:With all the updates you have already planned this will turn into a real winner of a tank. Image
Thank you for the kind words Mr SoerenImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I'm loving this cool concept build Carl Image

But sorry, I'm going to be really dumb now. I know certain things about this build are only on paper, but did they actually build jagd tiger ones with "normal" 88 barrels, either like the tiger 1 or tiger 2 barrels?

Now an even dumber question, is the difference between the early and late tiger ones running gear just where they positioned the wheels, or would I have to get a specific late tiger 1 chassis to achieve the difference from an early?

:{ Mick :{
hi Mick sorry for the delayed response, this question is a bit more involved than the others that have come in so I wanted to properly Adress it when I got home from work.

This version of the Jagd series is a converted sturmtiger on a tiger I chassis. Not sure other than road wheels, sprocket covers and smaller idlers if there's much difference to the hull versus the earlier tigers, I don't want to speak to this too much since there are others on the forum that are much better than me at explaining this.

I believe the real Jagdtigers did come with 88mm guns, not sure how many as resources ran low at the end of the war. I assume the 88 was readily available versus the larger guns.Image

This fictional version of the Jagd series can be built with the tiger 88mm or this version with the larger gun with the pepperpot muzzle break.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mick I don't think the 88mm version of the jagdtiger ever saw service....

Great discussion though
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A little bit of progress tonight. I installed the Schumo commanders hatch with spring and hardware. It's a very nice little kit. Also a welcome break as I was able to sneak away to the work bench. Image

As anyone who has installed one of these before, that spring and mini pin are quite fiddly :crazy:ImageImageImageImageImage
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looking great :)
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

:thumbup: It is all those little addons that make a model unique and lovely.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks guys. When you buy these little bits you say "how can this little piece cast so much?" once installed you change your mind
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

After completing a very long stretch of work I finally have time off with family. Image

Opened a lovely package of Taigen late Tiger I metal tracks from Dave ( Forgebear).

Heeding the advice of our wonderful forum members I ordered the set for my Tamiya Tiger I and....... They fit like a gloveImage

Cheers guysImageImageImageImageImage
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:After completing a very long stretch of work I finally have time off with family. Image

Opened a lovely package of Taigen late Tiger I metal tracks from Dave ( Forgebear).

Heeding the advice of our wonderful forum members I ordered the set for my Tamiya Tiger I and....... They fit like a gloveImage

Cheers guysImageImageImageImageImage
Oh boy.its really comming together!! It's almost exactly how I thought it would be in my head when I started assembling the parts to build it.

Return to “Other Builds”