Hooben Tiger (P)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Code501
Private

Hooben Tiger (P)

Post by Code501 »

Had the opportunity to acquire the Hooben Tiger (P) kit from Marco Peter. This is something I couldn't say no to :haha:

Unboxing is available here: viewtopic.php?f=205&t=24683

Comparison with my Tamiya KT.

The lower hull is the same as the Hooben Elefant (Minus some work on its butt) and I don't think it will be necessary to elaborate on that.

The barrel is wrong, I believe, and will be replaced with a Impact or Schumo one with Tamiya Tiger I recoil. I also need to re-work some of the parts to do this.

Pictures of the "manual".

Part list is also incomplete, as I have more parts than are listed. I also seem to be missing a couple of parts and this will be resolved after I know for sure which parts.
The detailing is not very strong on this and more will be added after I completed the build from their drawings.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Hooben Tiger (P)

Post by c.rainford73 »

I like this, I'm following along
Tanks alot.... :wave:
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Following to :thumbup:
Drammen Rock City
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Looks good, strange that they didnt use servo elevation and a completely different rotation to the t55
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Something a little different to the usual Tigers, that's for sure. Interesting to see so many 3D printed parts in a commercial kit, I wonder if it's because it's a pre-production one and they haven't set injection moulds up yet or they're trying to save some money.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I have loved this version of the Tiger for many years. I almost bought an Asiatam metal one, but so many people had problems with their kits; I though I'd wait until they worked the bugs out. After reading Marco's 'unboxing' thread and learning that Hooben was another option, I immediately wrote to them about buying one. Sent them the money in the middle of January, and never heard anything until I wrote them a few days ago, (I knew it could be a long wait, just based on what Marco said about getting his kit). I suspect they kind of drag their feet until prodded, because they wrote back and said it would ship next week. I'll compare what I receive to the photos you and Marco have already posted and let you know if anything has changed, (like the outer box, for instance).
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

Please do! I would really like to know if they changed anything in the meantime.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I also want to do a thorough parts check, since now both Marco and you have found missing parts. Although I intend to build mine as the 003 vehicle that saw combat, (I got a set of 1/16 Peddinghaus decals from eBay for this); I would really love to see them offer an optional turret to allow a build of the raised center roof type that the initial 10 prototypes were, especially since they give the option of a second pistol port instead of the escape hatch. Would be different, anyway. One thing I found on David Byrden's Tiger site is that the side observation ports on the early turrets were at a different height (41 cm) than the normal Henschel turret ports, which were at 48 cm. I'll measure whatever they molded on the kit. Link to those dimensions is here: http://tiger1.info/EN/TigerPEscapeHatch.html
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

I'm really glad it found a good home and will finally be built! :-)
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I live in Hangzhou & know Feng, owner of Arkmodel / Hooben. Re 3D parts, wouldn't be the least surprised he's using these to reduce the MOQ / cost of the kit. Plastic injection tooling is still expensive even here in China & with the plethora of 3D printing sources here just in the city - one new hi-tech zone a few km south of my flat is filled with new upstart companies that produce 3D printers &/or do industrial scale printing. I've not seen kit in person but hope to next time I visit them to see his new 1/10 tanks.

Return to “Other Builds”