From China-Vandra Ram II Canadian Sherman conversion - Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Private

Re: From China-Vandra Ram II Canadian Sherman conversion - B

Post by 2013801 »

I used a computer drawing to draw the trunk cap,and made with a 3D printer.I cut out the original hatches.Only the part of the shaft is preserved.And drill holes where needed.Finally, the rotation axis is caused by dental steel wire.I added some bump on the edge of the outermost tank lid.But I don't know what they look like when they open.I wish someone would give me some pictures.
Last edited by 2013801 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

You are displaying a lot of skill and determination, 201 :thumbup: Your tank will probably be the only in the world with a hidden Chinese blessing. :D along with your unique wheel-operated machine gun turret.
With your ability to repair broken hulls, you would make a great doctor in a fracture clinic :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:You are displaying a lot of skill and determination, 201 :thumbup: Your tank will probably be the only in the world with a hidden Chinese blessing. :D along with your unique wheel-operated machine gun turret.
With your ability to repair broken hulls, you would make a great doctor in a fracture clinic :thumbup:
Dear friend, I'm not a fracture doctor. I'm a dentist. I open a dental clinic in beautiful Xiamen.I'm honored that you like my construction. The long - term dental work has helped my model.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:You are displaying a lot of skill and determination, 201 :thumbup: Your tank will probably be the only in the world with a hidden Chinese blessing. :D along with your unique wheel-operated machine gun turret.
Dear friend, I'm not a fracture doctor. I'm a dentist. I open a dental clinic in beautiful Xiamen.I'm honored that you like my construction. The long - term dental work has helped my model.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: Thoroughly justified praise!
Ahh..I can understand how the complex, and even artistic process of rebuilding a tooth, could produce such transferrable skills :D
Just remember not to fit any movable MG turret gear wheels in your patients' mouths, after perfecting that technique here :thumbup: :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

43rdRecceReg wrote::thumbup: Thoroughly justified praise!
Ahh..I can understand how the complex, and even artistic process of rebuilding a tooth, could produce such transferrable skills :D
Just remember not to fit any movable MG turret gear wheels in your patients' mouths, after perfecting that technique here :thumbup: :)
Oh, I'd love to try and bury diamonds in teeth. Customers can consider taking out diamonds when needed. You know this is a very good feature in Africa.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

Once again I modified the link mechanism of the machine gun turret to make it lighter and smoother.

I changed the shape of the turret again. This modification makes both sides of the window look smooth.

I made headlights. And light it up.

Private

Post by 2013801 »

I bought the driving wave box of HengLong3868.I cut the front of the drive wave box to make it easy to fit the gearbox cover.

I installed the drive wave box on the chassis of HengLong Sherman.And the drive wave box is coordinated with a 5.3 controller of HengLong.

I used a computer to draw the wheel and print it in 3D.

My remote monitoring device shows that another printing program is nearing completion. Tomorrow morning I will make another wheel. So I'm going to have two load wheels to form a wheel group for testing.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

I modified the wheel group with two 3D printed weights.
I installed a towing wheel for the wheel group. And install the completed wheel group on the tank. I have to do four more.
Modify the body shape again.
Use 3d drawing to make the induction wheel.
Import him into 3D printing.
Use 3D printing to complete the induction wheel.
Remove the original induction wheel copper sleeve.
Install the copper sleeve in the new induction wheel.
Install the modified induction wheel on the tank.And test the degree of smoothness.
Private

Post by 2013801 »

I installed the connecting rod system of the machine gun turret on the smoke machine interface of the HengLong controller.The output voltage of this interface is 7.9 volts.So the gun turret spins too fast.To solve this problem.I installed a voltage - reducing system for the machine gun turret.At last I got the satisfaction of the gun turret spinning speed.
Through testing I found that the connecting rod system of the gun turret would interfere with the rest of the body.So I modified the link system again.After the modification, the gap of the connecting rod system is smaller and the height is reduced by 5 mm.

Return to “Other Builds”