E90 super heavy build.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: E90 super heavy build.

Post by tomhugill »

Soeren wrote:Wow, that's looks like some work :D.
Will make the thing look even bigger. What I would fear though, grasping it in the wrong place and ripping off all this work when moving it.
Cheers! Plan is for the fenders to be attached with magnets so worst case they should come off rather than break off
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Well, that is a smart idea. :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very cool indeed, should look excellent painted
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Slowly slowly catchy monkey, another two down tonight, starting to get a little easier! Need to get the magnets ordered next!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I guess if you look like Ed Sheeran but can’t sing like him, the next best is to build and paint RC tanks as good as you do !!
Sure is going to be an imposing beast Mr Hugill, one for the ages :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I guess if you look like Ed Sheeran but can’t sing like him, the next best is to build and paint RC tanks as good as you do !!
Sure is going to be an imposing beast Mr Hugill, one for the ages :clap:
My singing prowess (or lack there of) is reserved for my missus and my son! (Probably for the best).

Thanks again for the kind words. I've not had a lot of hobby time since October but I'm putting a concerted effort into this one.

Christian was not joking when he said it would be difficult! Because the front profile of the tank differs from the e100 (the whole hull has a very slight taper) I had to do a lot of reprofiling to the piece which sits next to the hull. First stage of getting the frame done is finished, and the initial bonding of the skin is done two. As you can see I have some excess material around the front wing which is causing it to bow out, so rather than a flat curve around the bottom it's poking up. Options are to try reskinning in thinner styrene, add heat (although I fear this might ruin it) or try cutting a sliver out perpendicular to the base to remove a little excess material to try and remove the buldge. Any thoughts or tips welcome! ImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I went for the cut and shut. Added styrene at the bottom to get the shape I wanted and then I'll smooth off with car body filler.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

It’s looking awesome Tom, respect for having the gonads to go for the cut n shut method
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Both sides done, mount detail added.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class