SdKfz 164 Nashorn by Alwyn Turner

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: SdKfz 164 Nashorn by Alwyn Turner

Post by c.rainford73 »

The ammo cupboards look spectacular. Mr Louis had a nice radio cabinet setup in his Nashorn. I used some pictures and took quite a bit of liberty with mine in afraid
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Thanks Alwyn. It has given me food for thought for set up.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

This is a cracking pic, thanks!
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

silversurfer1947 wrote:In the absence of any evidence, I guess I'm going to have to devise my own radio set up. At least, no one should be able to criticise. I think this is ging to tax my ingenuity and ability with little bits of brass. Oh to have just a little of the ability of BarryC. :D
"Off-World" heritage is not going to be easy to come by mate !!...........Mr C has extraordinary DNA.
Going by your Puma, this example is going to be equally as impressive Mr surfer :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

• nashorn_cutaway.png
This is the clearest diagram I could find that shows how the radio's mounted, you'll want to click on it to view it full-size. There aren't many photos that show the radio in situ, I think the Aberdeen Nashorn still has the bracket attached though.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thank you gentlemen for your help and assistance. It looks as though the receiver/transmitter sits in quite an intricate mounting, which in turn fits into the surrounding frame. I fear mine will be somewhat simpler, but hopefully, will give the desired overall impression.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Think I'll hope some one figures it out before mines delivered and copy with pride!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Gradually making progress on the radio station. However, there will not be any photos until I have reached a suitable level where my amateur attempts at scratch building in brass are properly concealed. :{
Richard
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I came across this whilst looking for something else.
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.74 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
http://shop.afvmodeller.com/customer/pr ... 387&page=1 I already have my radios and though it was tempting, I shall continue with my original plan. I think it would be fairly easy for anyone with more talent than I to convert it to suit a Nashorn, so I am posting this for the benefit of anyone else who purchases one of Alwyn's masterpieces.
Richard

Return to “Other Builds”