Buildreport: Hobby Boss/Taigen Tiger I late

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tiger build planning

Post by Soeren »

I got me some rattle can red primer to have a tougher base coat for the 1/16 tank. That stuff seems to be tough enough to work and not covering too much of the detail.

Meanwhile I had a go at yet another camo scheme. It is difficult to guess what it might look like on top when you only get side views. Even more so when two companys have very different interpretations. Both AFV Club and Academy have the 102 in France. But the color schemes look completely different.

I tried it now on the turret. It was even more difficult than expected. Only did have the green on the barrel, because I didnt feel to clean the airbruh once more and to spray brown, so this will need to come in the next run.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looks great. I assume you used that panzer putty ?
How does it go being reused after being exposed to paint?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Cheers Mr. Herman

Yes, I first used that Panzer Putty, out of the can it was like using it for the first time again. But even though I sprayed the camo thinner and then repaint without the Putty, it was still too hard on the borders. I resprayed everything with all three colours again to get a bit of overspray.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

One thing I realized about application of the puty for sprayed on camo. Better start with wider coverage and spray rather thin, then take off the putty and respray without that stuff.

Now, I was a bit hesitant about the Academy camo callout for SS Pz Abt 102 Tank Number 221, because it looked too clean. But I just found this
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Here is my go on this camo now 50% finished. Work on the road wheels, I will follow that a pproach for painting the large 1/16 road wheels as well. Start with a dark grey, then hemp, then a mix of 60% Camo beige, 20% dark green, 20% camo brown and finally pure camo beige thinned down a lot. This gives some depth even without a pinwash yet.

Soeren

Post by Soeren »

So, now I got the missing part to finish the 1/16 scale turret together with some more usefull stuff ;=
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
A very nice haul!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Cheers Mr. Painless. These Takom kits look fantastic. They have great detail. Amazing what you can do nowadays. And these were on sale at the MIG Jimenez store with a nice discount.

The detail bit added to the turret was not easy to see. So here it is mounted now.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren that is looking just fabulousI'm following your build closely.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Cheers Mr. Rainford :)

This is where we are now. I am looking forward to the single coloured builds in the future. I am now ready for decals and detail paintign plus filters. I like it as is now, but that was some time consuming precedure so far to paint this camo.

First putty for a start

Return to “Other Builds”