Buildreport: Hobby Boss/Taigen Tiger I late

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Buildreport: Hobby Boss/Taigen Tiger I late

Post by Soeren »

Thank you Estnische. It doesnt look like much, but in terms of the weathering, the lower and the running gear take up a lot of time. It is running now, so I put it back into the basement and switched the the Panther to work on the details of the hull and finally bring it together.
I really like to switch between models, it makes them feel like a "new model" when revisiting them. Makeing each kit even more enjoyable. Only drawback, you might have about ten kits in the making at the same time.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, switched to the Tiger. Sides kits off, putty and sanding. Zimmer on and some details like the driver hatch. Working all around now and get the hull details going. Image

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Some update on the turret . Recoil and elevation working. But the elevation servo seems too week when lifting the gun. Makes some noise.ImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Is it possible the elevation servo is binding up due to gear clearances? Maybe upgrade to a heavier metal geared servo if clearance is not an issue
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

You mean I pushed the gears too close in? When having the turret on the side it works effortlessly. It is just in the upright position during elevation where the servo struggles. The same setup on the Panther works without problems. The Tiger gun is really heavy. So I thought it would be that. All my metal geared servos are within tanks already. When this one strips, I can maybe take a standard sized servo. The Tiger turret is big enough. Now waiting for an aeromate machine gun and metal engine deck by Christian Ludwig to continue.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

I have ordered a Savöx SH-253 Servo. Will see what that can do.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

By the way, I am not sure the band on the mantlet should relly be yellow. Wonder if the Dunkelgelb would be better.
dabber
Lance Corporal

Post by dabber »

Soeren, I don’t know what colour the mantlet should be, but I follow the rational if it looks good it probably is good, and that yellow looks pretty good and pleasing to my eye. Just my humble opinion.
Take care..........Gary
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Soeren,
Have you tried putting a weight on the back of the barrel holder to act as a counterweight?
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Not yet. But I figure with a Lever Ratio of around 3:1 that might be hmmm. I got a digital metal gear servo Standard size today. That should just fit. Will see what that can do.

Return to “Other Builds”