Panther Gs Detail upgrades

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panther Gs Detail upgrades

Post by Soeren »

From the Taigen barell it was close to one cm. But I measured the length from the end where this angle is to where the brake should start. According to the 1/35th scale panzer tracts drawing that would be 21.2cm. Gosh. I must have left on 5mm too much. Yes, now you all know.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Soeren wrote:Gosh. I must have left on 5mm too much. Yes, now you all know.
Bigger guns always look better ;)

You're doing a grand job Mr Soeren :thumbup: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Soeren wrote:Gosh. I must have left on 5mm too much. Yes, now you all know.
Bigger guns always look better ;)

You're doing a grand job Mr Soeren :thumbup: :clap:

Thank you SoaG

and apologies, apologies, I was confused, the cannon is 21.2cm, like it should be. That is also roughly the location where the stock brake ended, so you can actually cut at that point. But better meassure in advance to not be sorry later on.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

And this is it for now. 96 track links on per side and a weighty dklm gearbox. Front heavy. Might need some adjustment after everything is in. The track has the 29 ice gripper links and the rest is standard panther tracks. Refiled the whole on the ice grippers. Now waiting for tools and spring for the weathering to commence. Image
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

MAN made a small run of Panther G's with steel roadwheels on all stations in early Sept 44.

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery ... her-221-2/
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

You can blame the 'Dual in the Mist' series as well as the rivetcounters guide https://www.panzerwrecks.com/product/pa ... n-changes/ for that one.
They've cost me 5 Panther G's and a King Tiger already :/
STHV
Corporal

Post by STHV »

Soeren wrote:And this is it for now. 96 track links on per side and a weighty dklm gearbox. Front heavy. Might need some adjustment after everything is in. The track has the 29 ice gripper links and the rest is standard panther tracks. Refiled the whole on the ice grippers. Now waiting for tools and spring for the weathering to commence. Image
I thought the Panther only used 86 links per side

Also would the standard Taigen/Torro gearbox be suitable for realistic driving characteristics combined with an El-mod Fusion pro? or will i need to replace it? too
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Eastern Front wrote:Interesting, I have alot of books, never saw that photo... looked at Achtung Panzer, 24 produced...Was also reading some of the interviews with MAN, they never spoke of it..Nice find!

Cheers!
Actually Panther tracts has it and I also have the dragon kit of an early G with all steel wheels and that is this going to be. Thanks for looking and your comments too.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

STHV wrote:
Soeren wrote:And this is it for now. 96 track links on per side and a weighty dklm gearbox. Front heavy. Might need some adjustment after everything is in. The track has the 29 ice gripper links and the rest is standard panther tracks. Refiled the whole on the ice grippers. Now waiting for tools and spring for the weathering to commence. Image
I thought the Panther only used 86 links per side

Also would the standard Taigen/Torro gearbox be suitable for realistic driving characteristics combined with an El-mod Fusion pro? or will i need to replace it? too
Omg, thanks for putting me right. Of course it is 86. Got mixed again with the length of the 1/35th scale barrel. That is 96-97mm long. Arghh. So many numbers. :/

For you second question, I don't know the elmod, but the standard taugen thingies with either taigen or ibu electronics don't run like the dklm gearbox.
STHV
Corporal

Post by STHV »

I'll see how it runs with the stock gearbox and the fusion pro once it is all in one piece, no sense in buying something i don't know if i will need
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)

Return to “Other Builds”