Panther Gs Detail upgrades

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panther G late. Taigen +Details

Post by Soeren »

So here is the new face compared to the old, and the amount of gun depression that would be theoretically possible now.
Attachments
WP_20180522_21_52_43.jpg
New Panther Mantlet
New Panther Mantlet
Old Panther face
Old Panther face
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hi there,

just quickly mounted the Servo only ssecured with one screw, that is why the gun is wobbling in the lowering Motion, but I can get great range of Motion all around now. I used the cogwheel from the rctankelectronics set. Unfortunately you cant set the range of Motion int the IBU electronics. The cogwheel I use is slightly too large, but the next smaller on is too small. Maybe there will be a way to get something inbetween printed somehow.

Have a look
phpBB [video]
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Ok, here it finally is. The speaker test. Everything recorded with the same settings. The stock Taigen speaker isnt too bad. The large Visaton adds a lot I would say. The 5w doesnt really help, just expesive. The FRS7 with box was half the price and funt to build.

Cheers

phpBB [video]
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Tried something new to maybe make the updates a little bit more interesting than just the pictures.

phpBB [video]
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great video mate. I personally prefer the one without the music, but thats just me.
The speaker test you ran is quite accurate for result. I mean that is I can hear the difference even through a computer speaker.
The FRS7 seems to be by far the best, but the Taigen standard one is as good to my ear as the 05 !
Nice Panther by the way :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A noticeable difference between the stock Taigen unit and the second one. Major difference with the larger speaker. I use the medium 5 series in all my Shermans and Panzer III variants and it sounds fantastic. Lots of bass in a small package once inside an enclosure
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

The comparison video's a good idea Soeren, it's a great way to immediately see how the different audio options stack up. The 4 ohm sounds a lot better because the impedance of the IBU2's amplifier is 4 ohms, so any 8 ohm speaker will sound quiet on it.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you Hermann, Carl, Raminator. Indeed this "new" tool gives additional options. Watching a 15m movie maker tutorial was sufficient enough to get started. The sound test would have been better maybe on a table. As Raminator pointed out, the ibu is 4ohm. I'm glad I found that in the manual before ordering the speaker. So it is the correct impedance. I was hesitant at the beginning though. The speaker alone has horrible sound. Only after adding fiber to the box and gluing it shut, it developed it's sound. This box is almost max size for the panther. Had to cut down my electonics board. Otherwise the hull could not be closed , because of the box pushing into the turret drive. I have the same speaker for the Tiger and I am sure that I can increase the size of the box by some cm. We'll listen how that works out.
Soeren

Re: Panther Gs Detail upgrades

Post by Soeren »

While looking for some stuff in my hobby cave, my eye caught a box and inside was this:

Inspired by tomhugill doing this:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25454

And my latest 1:35 Panther here:

I went ahead and ordered some stuff to start with:
Sockelshop.de had the stowage boxes and basic kit on a ca 40% discount, so I just went for it

This will be a start. There will be a need for some more things to change and in the end another hull. But that wil be for later.
Raminator

Re: Panther Gs Detail upgrades

Post by Raminator »

You're going to end up with more Panthers than the Wehrmacht ever did, Soeren! :haha:

I am looking forward to see you work your magic on this one, too.

Return to “Other Builds”