Panther Gs Detail upgrades

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panther G late. Taigen +Details

Post by Soeren »

It is this http://www.aber.net.pl/detal,615.html

You have to solder each hanger from two pieces and you get the rod for the bolts and some chain. You can also solder a pin to the back of the hangers to make them more secure on your tank.

On the Schumo cast kit you have some ill fitting brittle parts. You dont even get the chain. only 16 hangers and pins. Ok, they have the weldlines cast onto them. But weldlines are alos on the Aber parts although as PE not the same level of detail.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

This is a side by side from the Jagdpanther thread.
Attachments
IMG_5899.JPG
IMG_5899.JPG (86.55 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Understood.

There’s a lot I wouldn’t use however. I just needed the track hangers and tow rope holders with some pins and wires. Thanks for the advice :)
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

The Schumo kit was close to 30€. In the Aber kit you get addition pieces usable for several German tanks. Shovel, jack, fireextinguisher bracing and a lot of clamps. But of course that is again 25€ extra if you dont need that.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

They both look good - I shall have a think.

Could always sell the part aber but I suppose.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It just goes to show what can be done with a basic tank, if you have an idea in your head and enough determination. It is looking great, as battle weary Panthers always do. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hahaha, Thank you. Especially on the "weary" part. I had the model sitting in the winter garden all summer last year. Sunlight, different temperatures, dust etc. all that changed the colour really. And The pinwash turned to an even more efffective look. :wtf:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hi there, a late Easter Egg arrived, I got the Voyager PE grills for the Panther. First note, it is more delicate than the thick and stiff Taigen stuff. But, considering the ABER pictures, it has less definition than the ABER parts, that look more like interweaved. The Voyager stuff is just flat. The thickness of the PE is also really thin. On the other hand, you pay 15€ for a set of grills, plus all the other detail bits, compared to the 30€ for the more detailed ABER set. So it is an option still.
Attachments
WP_20180405_20_21_34_Rich.jpg
WP_20180405_20_21_26_Rich.jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Herre you go, most of the Voyager grill set added. Pro it looks better than the molded on parts. Cons, the pieces are slightly oversized for the Taigen upper. The grill for the right side vent had to be trimmed and to be able the add the compartment heater all the molded on details had to be sanded down. The air intake grills are slightly larger as well but can be placed none the less.

The bolts for the chain were from the ABER Panther set and the grills are held in place by cast hex bolts. The Yoyager kit only includes bolt head look alikes.
Attachments
back deck update.jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Another afternoon allowed working on the remaining tools.

The large prybar is form 2.5mm brass rod, the smaller is made from the Taigen long one shortened and reshaped. The tube tool from 2.5 mm Trumpeter brass tube. The hammer is a tin cas head and a shaped beechwood rod.

Everything primes with Mr surfacer to add some texture.

:D
Attachments
Tools.jpg

Return to “Other Builds”