Panther Gs Detail upgrades

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Panther Gs Detail upgrades

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Beautiful paintwork.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Very nice
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Such a long wait Soeren but it looks absolutely fantastic! You have done such an outstanding job painting this , please post more photos :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Thank very much for following along and for your kind comments. I plan to work on the tools during the next weeks and add more pictures of the progress for sure.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Now that the KV-1 is off the table I am gonna try to finish my early Panther G. Spend some time addind the crosses to the hull sides and did quite a few tools and added the spare track links to the hull. Blended in the reinforcement rib to the paintjob on the gun cleaner tube. The pry bars are brass rods, C-hooks by Schumo and the fire extinguisher is one of these white metal castings. Spent some time there to give it some definition and a slightly different colour from the tank, so took the tank ochre out. Also ordered the Tamiya sprue for some parts so decided to change the armoured ventilator cover at the front and also the gun travel lock, chich can now be enriched with the ABER parts I have lying around. But not that chain. That would be insane.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Those photos are like 4K High Def images! Nice modeling and photography.
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

That is a spectacular paint scheme you've applied there. Nice done. Bravo!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

It look very good.
But a Panther with steelwheels never ever had Zimmerit.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks guys. Got a new phone recently that actually takes decent pictures. A light box also helps a lot.

I guess I mentioned this already. I didn’t plan to build a certain tank, but a model that looks interesting and that in general could have been possible. Cross referencing to Tigers of group Fehrmann and seeing the individual Panthers with steel wheels this is artistic license on my part and perfectly fine for me.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Good evening. Slow progress here. It is summer and for me the last 10% take the longest. Also am building a PowerRack for a homegym. Fun stuff as well.

Added the MG34. Just went with the Tamiya insert for the ballmount. As I got the sprue including this part and the ATAK Zimmerit part was designed for the Tamiya kit this was a no-brainer. The MG isthe ABER brass MG34 with armoured sleeve. Just Vallejo camo black brown, Vallejo Black Metal, washes and metal drybrushing.

Then the Tamiya vent cover and the gun travel lock with was added, just blended and distresssed the color.

Also did the Schumo cabled. This time used a light oil paint as basecoat and then various wahes for definition.

Also you can see it side by side with the KV-1 for size comparison.

Return to “Other Builds”