Panther Gs Detail upgrades

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panther Gs Detail upgrades

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, this is the first testdrive of the Panther G with TK60, DKLM gearbox and the corley suspension. The latter works fantastic.

phpBB [video]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That suspension is really nice. And the tk60 sounds great too :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks guys :)
Wardog wrote:Its going to take you ages to lay slabs with that tank,but it sounds and looks great. :clap:
I will try a 8.4 battery next time. Should make it much quicker then ;) :haha:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there. Started the wheathering on the tracks first. This is two passes now with sieved garden soil to give ot some grqin and fixed with water resistant white glue. Unfortunately that stuff dries dark. So the second pass was vallejo European earth dust wash with white and light brown pigments. Need to do at least one more path.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there. Started on weathering the hull. My idea was to start with some dust. But this time not washing and rinsing but splashes with an old toothbrush. I bought Vallejo European splashes mud. A glossy brown resin. Was too dark and glossy. But some pure white pigment helped for a matt light Base. Layered with some darker pigment helps with a more diverse look.Image
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

What a fantastic job you have done :thumbup: Really enjoy this thread.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there and thanks Carl. I did a few more passes and put wheels and tracks on. Enough for me now. But have to file down och track link hole for the sprocket to get inside now. Some resin and dirt leads to much stickiness.ImageImageImageImage
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, after wheathering of the tracks and resoldering a resistor (turret rotation) on the TK60 I gave it a test run in the garden to try the functionality as is at the moment.

phpBB [video]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren it is an absolute treat checking in on this build :clap:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, almost one year has passed and I finally came back to this one. Did a Filter of AMMO of MIG Tan for Tri tone camo with some Abtl. 502 Raw Umber added and then went on with the AK Dark Wash for Green. I really like this stuff. Although it looks horribly strong during application it cure to a subtle grayish brown. This adds accents not only to panellines but also grime. The paint is a few years old now and some agglutionation occured, but not bad for my taste.

Return to “Other Builds”