1944 Tiger 1 ( Late )

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

1944 Tiger 1 ( Late )

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Having noticed that I am not posting a great deal of work as of late ( since 1/6 scale tends to the meticulous ), Mr. Jackalope decided to remedy this. I received a big box in the mail the other day and in it was a Combo build, Late Tiger 1! ( Well, it wasn't a complete surprise, Terry and I have been working to make this happen for some six weeks or so ) This Tiger has a metal Taigen lower with a combo HL and Hobby Boss upper with a Hobby Boss turret. All the major hatches work and there are lovely Aber brass fender skirts and scratch built, working front and rear fenders. Sound comes from four speakers and I learned from Jackalope that there was an IBU2 with amp in this Beast. Gears are black steel and the paint work is _fantastic_!! I will be leaving this paint job alone and just doing a minor eye-candy job to add tools and accessories. I'll be working on this one interspersed with the Stuart but I should soon have a working Tiger to chase Joe's M36B1 around with. ;o) I spent a couple of days repairing the little dings and knocks from shipping. After that, I built some of the wiring harness mounts inside and made a glassine pane for the Driver's viewport. More to do later but for now, here she is. Pics:
Attachments
Closeup of the working fenders
Closeup of the working fenders
Tiger stripes for the Beast
Tiger stripes for the Beast
88mm with Recoil
88mm with Recoil
First Impressions Redone
First Impressions Redone
First Impressions
First Impressions
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1944 Tiger 1 ( Late )

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, Mick,
I believe that all of this amazing work can be credited to Mr. Jackalope. ;o) If I am wrong, he will set us straight.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow Mr Painless she is a real beauty! Love the detailed fenders. I'm sure your personal touch will only make it even better Nice to see you acquire another one for your collection that you can enjoy quickly!

Have fun-
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
How goes it, my Friend? Yes, the plan is for this to be a 30 day build. *knocks on wood* I'm working with Max to get Clark electronics put together for it and have detail parts shipping out already. It will be a lot of fun to run here in the 'North African' desert. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Wow! :crazy:

I have a stock Taigen Tiger lying around as well...

Might want to start on that... But not before the Panther is finished.

Looking Forward for your Upgrades :thumbup:
Last edited by Soeren on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!
How goes it, my Friend? Yes, the plan is for this to be a 30 day build. *knocks on wood* I'm working with Max to get Clark electronics put together for it and have detail parts shipping out already. It will be a lot of fun to run here in the 'North African' desert. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
Very excited for you. I know the other Tiger I you perfected was outstanding and you can enjoy this one in your own backyardImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hello!, Soeren,
I've been following along on your Diorama build and it's turning our beautifully. A lot of work done there. When you do get around to your Tiger, you'll certainly enjoy Taigens solid take on running gear and use-ability of the tank. They are iron clad for sure.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

The front and rear fenders and front fender hinges are all scratch made from brass sheets. The rivits heads were made by drilling holes through the brass, slipping pins through then cutting them off.

The upper hull is a H/L and Hobby Boss hybrid. All hatches open, drivers view block is open, engine hatch opens and has a scratch made latch to hold it open like the real one.

Yes I painted it did all the custom work too, however upon seeing the works produced by you fine gentlemen I realized my feeble little attempts paled in comparison so to avoid any embarrassment I've more or less throw in the towel with my tanks.

I haven't run or touched any in over a year, no point. I'm struggling as to if I want to get rid of everything cause I do like them but then I look on here and figure what's the point.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Terry, my Friend. It is not a competition. As long as your tanks give you joy and you have fun with them, they are doing what the Hobby intended them to do for you, you and no one else. I've heard great things from you about your Jagdtiger and am looking forward to photos of it. You did a great job with your 251 and are doing great work on your friends Opel Blitz. So the _point_ is, enjoy your work and have fun with the things that _you_ build. No one else's work can do that for you.
always in high regard of you,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Not trying to jump in to the conversation.... But I would like to say something...

I've been in the hobby for quite some time - but it wasn't until I joined the forum and came across the contributions of you (and many others here) that a whole new level started to develop for me with this crazy hobby.

It is people like yourself Terry and Mr Painless that inspire me to come up with better ideas and designs all the time with my builds.

I agree that the work of many in here does push my limitations ( and sometimes I too want to take a break) but I see it as a challenge and it brings out the best in me.

Many times...in my own eyes I don't see a good job and in some cases I think I could always do better and then someone lends a kind word or reccomendation and it turns out better then I could ever ask for.

This Tiger is quite excellent in many ways and the paint is outstanding. I have never even attempted to make my own fenders with brass.... Let alone functional with rivets

All the best Mr Terry

Looking forward to the Jagdtiger

Carl

Return to “Other Builds”