The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Re: The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

Post by Arnie_DK »

Yep. The bin is completely redesigned and looks a lot better now :)

Made another video, but outside with some better light this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cbYFcz ... e=youtu.be
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Okay. Dominique gave me an answer to my problem. He asked Taigen about why the board wouldnt receive hits and the answer is simple. The new Taigen boards are NOT compatible with the older boards.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

So. Since I got confirmation that there is in fact nothing wrong with the tank.... I started taking it apart to try and see what could be upgraded a bit.

My main concern is getting in the drive supports. And as I feared the entire hull is cast in one piece, wich means a lot of grinding to get the supports fitted.

Luckily though, there was a bit of room between the gearbox and the side of the hull. So some grinding and I was able to get a support in place :D

As for the rest of the lower hull and wheels. Nothing have really been upgraded by taigen. The wheels and horrible suspension is as we know them. Whats worse is, that I dont think I will be able to easily move the rear return roller or install an idler adjustment, so for now, I will probably just focus on getting in the Drive supports and the overall visuals of the tank (paint!)

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Bummer so much has not been drastically changed other than the additional weight and sounds. I'm sure you will vastly improve it. Is this an Asiatam metal lower hull? Just curious
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

At this point, I actually wish it was Asiatam... But no. Its the new one from Taigen.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Arnie_DK wrote:At this point, I actually wish it was Asiatam... But no. Its the new one from Taigen.
That's what I thought. I have the Asiatam lower it looks a bit different. This looks similar to a Mato copy of a Heng Long plastic hull design. Is it completely cast metal? No plastic like the tiger I or panzer III Taigen versions?
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Plastick parts are the muffler, tow hooks and end caps for the idler housing.

Everything else is cast in one piece
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'll be watching this closely as I want to see how much you improve this model. Keep up the great work
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

So far, just some very minor changes.

Swapped the hull MG, Installed both drive supports...on the inside, will see how that works... and made a shelf for the switches/splashguard from the gearboxes.
I honestly thought that when Taigen released this tank, the opening hatches would have the switches under them, instead of underneath the tank!

Nex to do, is organise the electronics a bit better, so everything sits flush and secure. Right now its just stuffed in there.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Fantastic work with the switches and the remodeling of the setup

Return to “Other Builds”