Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by Ad Lav »

Wow cracking on with this really well!!

The tracks would do my head in! Drill each link? You could just buy asiatam tracks lol
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Making spectacular progress, Carl. Nice to see something a little different; everyone focuses on the big cats, but forgets how much of the Germans' armoured forces were actually made up of captured Czech and French tanks.

Looks like the build's a testament to your problem-solving skills, patience and attention to detail. Keep it up!
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Greet stuff :D. What I just saw in a Tamiya Matilda build video. They give u poly caps for securing the upper hull to the lower. That would be your snaps in one section and than a friction fit with a rod in polycap on the other section. Looked really good to me.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Taking on the big projects-on a small size :thumbup:
Still reckon a Hetzer-upper would be cool
I would say by looking, count yourself lucky you dont need to prep and install all those rivets 8O 8O
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you for all the feedback everyone The tracks are a very big challenge. I've not attempted anymore of them last night too busy working on the turret attachments. I think I will be able to drill the balance if the tracks out this week. To make her a good runner it may be best to order the metal tracks and sprockets as you reccomended. I'm certain these tracks will work... But for how long

Yes although the big tanks are very popular I'm starting to revisit the early armour since I began work on Mr Alwyn's Nashorn kit. As you noted Herman a hetzer would me very nice It may be a future project with a similar lower hull and custom built upper. I'm also considering a Marder III.....

Cheers guys

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Been checking out hetzer too, love those.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Watching this with great interest. You are setting the bar very high. Makes me very nervous about when I start my own.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Watching this with great interest. You are setting the bar very high. Makes me very nervous about when I start my own.
Thank you mr. Surfer it's been a lot of fun it definitely takes me back to my smaller 1:35 scale buildsImage

At first I was going to wait until I had the remote control conversion kit in hand bit since I've had time from my other builds I started to prep this for the conversion. I think it may have worked out better this way since I've had nothing to focus on but this kit. Its been very challenging but not difficultImage

Glad you like it

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

From memory I think the Hetzer might have been built on a modified hull that was lengthened and possibly widened to handle the bigger gun. I think the Marder might have also been the same if those sort of details are important.
Of course I could be talking complete rubbish too as I read about it ages ago when I had the same sort of thoughts about the Panda kit. Then I remembered I couldn't scratch build to save myself and went back to less ambitious projects.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

All indications are that the Hetzer was built on a standard chassis.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”