Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

Max-U52 wrote:This is looking great so far, Carl. Refresh my memory (mainly because I'm too lazy to re-read the whole thread) but the Hetzer is built on the same chassis? I think you know I just got a 1/6 Hetzer kit, I'm wondering if the Dragon 1/6 Panzer II could be used to create a second hull top for that chassis. Whaddaya think? Is the PzII close enough to the 38?
Thank you!

Yes from what I know the hetzer is built on the same chassis but the Panzer II series is completely different.

I'm very interested in your 1/6 hetzer. I'm sure someone has built a custom marder III upper or something like that. Can the 1/6 Panzer II be made Rc? I'm pretty sure those could. Then you can have two big tanksImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Excellent progress Carl.

Regarding the size of the Hetzer Chassis, the following link indicates the chassis was widened and has larger road wheels than the pz38.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/jagdpanzer-38t-hetzer.htm
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Looking fantastic so far Carl .... :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

lmcq11 wrote:Excellent progress Carl.

Regarding the size of the Hetzer Chassis, the following link indicates the chassis was widened and has larger road wheels than the pz38.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/jagdpanzer-38t-hetzer.htm
Thank you for the information. I wasnt aware of thisImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Reaper332 wrote:Looking fantastic so far Carl .... Image
Mr Reaper thank you. Did you or one of your members of your rctank club build one of these?

I see videos online and they show the build up and gave me many great ideasImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi there everyoneImage Wanted to show my limited progress with the stock plastic tracks that I've drilled and sanded to fit one side of the Panzer. The tracks are surprisingly strong and move very nice.Image

There are no suspension items fitted yet as I've not acquired the conversion kit yet.I left some links out since I'm waiting for the track tensioners to arrive from Henntec Next Week and am not sure how long each side needs to be. The front sprocket is not connected to any drive system yet.... Just fit in place to show how the track links are lookingImage

Much more to do on this one

ImageImageImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl,
Good afternoon! Excellent photos, Doc. These pics of work in progress on this tank really brightened up my afternoon. ( I'm in awaiting parts mode ) Following along,
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl,
Good afternoon! Excellent photos, Doc. These pics of work in progress on this tank really brightened up my afternoon. ( I'm in awaiting parts mode ) Following along,
regards,
Painless
Thank you Mr Painless as always your feedback and kind words are always welcome. I am just about to step back from this little beast this evening to start installing the electronics from Stian for my nashorn project so she can come to lifeImage hope you get your parts and bits very soon my friendImage

Carl
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jeez it's little !!
Fantastic detail and innovation to get it to come to life.
Same grey as the "Max" yes ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Jeez it's little !!
Fantastic detail and innovation to get it to come to life.
Same grey as the "Max" yes ?
Yes I believe so Mr Herman. Ive seen some in panzer grey and brown and also grey and dunkelgelb so either way it will be primarily greyImage

Return to “Other Builds”