Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yeah, no sweat for a man of your calibre Carl Image

Mick.
Thanks MickImage can't be any more difficult than the events of this evening... Decided to upgrade one of my early Tiger I's with a Clark tk60 board to barrel recoil. I didn't realize I had to do a wee bit of rewiring.

No sweat just the usual servo recoil would be nice but no no no :crazy: wanted to do something completely different

..... I had to use the stock Asiatam Taigen recoil and as a result had to rewire the IR flash unit disassemble the entire turret and then rewire the turret and upper hull.Image

Took out my trusty Sony remote and ...

Now it works very well so I can get back to working on this little beast this week and install that switch under the hatch. Will need some small hinges I'll make something out if brass.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Damn that thing is so small it must be like trying to work in a watch !!

No chance THIS will hit ebay eh mate :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Damn that thing is so small it must be like trying to work in a watch !!

No chance THIS will hit ebay eh mate :haha:
No plans for a sale on this one Mr Bix but if I change my mind I will keep it off evilbay and shoot you a pm Image
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A very big thank you to Mike (Sassgrunt) on the forum for contacting me today after Mr Painless and I discussed some location for the on/off switch under a front hatch.

Mike contacted me and mentioned some nice hinges he had and wanted to ship them off to me for this panzer 38-t build.

As I write this they are already in the post....
:Speechless:

Another wonderful experience on this forum.

Mike a big thank you for your interest and willingness to help me!!

Plus...

Big thank you to Mr Painless for the insight and help with the switch issue.

All the best guys

Carl
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Fantastic work Carl, it came out great. It looks like a nice nimble counterpart to some of your bigger tanks!

How are you finding the electronics that came with the kit? I'm curious how the controls and sound compare to the other stuff we're used to.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Raminator wrote:Fantastic work Carl, it came out great. It looks like a nice nimble counterpart to some of your bigger tanks!

How are you finding the electronics that came with the kit? I'm curious how the controls and sound compare to the other stuff we're used to.
Hi Mr RaminatorImage The electronics are excellent. Considering the conversion kit was $199.00 US including the servos elevation and traverse brackets and speaker it's s good dealImage I'd recommend the kit to anyone with a little bit of modeling knowledge.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So this evening here on the East Coast I came home to a very lovely little package from Mike (Sassgrunt) on the forum. These are excellent little working brass hinges I plan on using for the Panzer 38t.

I recieved a total of 8 hinges for free :crazy:

Mike a very big thank youImage Image

Once I set aside some time these little guys will be put to good use!ImageImageImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!,
Mike and I spoke about your 38-t yesterday. We both agree it is a miniature RC masterpiece. I'm looking forward to seeing those working hatches, my friend. Today, I received a copy of Steve Zalogas 'Panzer 38(t) vs BT-7' which details the combat between these vehicles in the opening phases of Operation Barbarossa. A fascinating read! The 38(t) was a very capable vehicle for it's day.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!,
Mike and I spoke about your 38-t yesterday. We both agree it is a miniature RC masterpiece. I'm looking forward to seeing those working hatches, my friend. Today, I received a copy of Steve Zalogas 'Panzer 38(t) vs BT-7' which details the combat between these vehicles in the opening phases of Operation Barbarossa. A fascinating read! The 38(t) was a very capable vehicle for it's day.
regards,
Painless
Such praise from one of the masters of this hobbyImage so greatly appreciated!

Yes this will add a whole new level of detail that will also be functional. Yes the more I read up on these little tanks the more impressive they are. So funny that I'm currently working on this little beast along with some larger Russian armour and my M1abrams... Kind of looks like the little engine that couldImage
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I wonder, did you ever open up one of the hatches for your on/off switch? If so, I would be very grateful for some pictures and any tips. I am slowly making progress and would like to get any cutting done before I start proper assembly.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Other Builds”