Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

In the madness of this amazing hobby and as I await the bits and electronics for my nashorn project and other things I though it would be perfectly sane and brilliant to open up my panzer 38-t that I started and convert it to full r/c with the 35rctank conversion kit.Image

I guess with a full time job and family why not shoehorn another thing into the fold....

Sadly the conversion kit is 4-8 weeks out but that's OK because it will give me time to prep the upper and lower hulls. Suspension and roadwheels to accept the conversion. I've gotta dissect this thing to make two working halves..

I will also drill out every track link in the kit to accept track pinsImage

Here are some photos of the kit and paperwork.

I will post pictures of the build as it starts to materialize. Anyone with experience with this kit please feel free to lend any tips they haveImage

Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I shall be watching this with huge interest. I bought one of these kits quite some time ago when it was on offer. It was my intention to use the Clark conversion kit, but it was out of stock and had since been taken out of production. Since then, other projects have intervened. Once my Puma is finished, I feel like having a go at this one.

Do you have a link to the kit review that's in the photo?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I will try to locate it for you!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

While you are on a roll Mr Rainford, how about pitching a curve ball to Mr Turner for a Hetzer upper :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Thanks Carl. I will have a good read when the time comes.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:While you are on a roll Mr Rainford, how about pitching a curve ball to Mr Turner for a Hetzer upper :shifty:
Funny Mr Herman I actually thought about that.... I'm sure he could design something stellar!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I bet, and sales of these things would blow out the hoo-haa
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Hi Carl,

It will be very interesting to see how you will fit gears and electronics in there. It will all be non standard stuff for sure to fit the room available, and for the weight restriction that the thinner plastic hull will somewhat impose. What conversion kit did you purchase ?

I built this kit a few years ago as a static. The engineering of the kit is complex, with many light and fragile parts. But it's accurate and looks very good once completed.

This is an exciting project.

Louis
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

lmcq11 wrote:Hi Carl,

It will be very interesting to see how you will fit gears and electronics in there. It will all be non standard stuff for sure to fit the room available, and for the weight restriction that the thinner plastic hull will somewhat impose. What conversion kit did you purchase ?

I built this kit a few years ago as a static. The engineering of the kit is complex, with many light and fragile parts. But it's accurate and looks very good once completed.

This is an exciting project.

Louis
Hi lmcq11Image it's the 35rctank conversion kit. I will be adding some styrene to reinforce the hull but it should be a good runnerImage

Return to “Other Builds”