Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

tao wrote:How cool! Love it!
Thanks Tao!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

All the necessary tools and drill bits arrived via Amazon and today I made quite a bit of progress. I carefully seperated the upper hull and lower hull with a hobby saw. Very nerve racking and stressful yet fun Image

I was able to attach the fenders with the photo etched brackets. Used my photo etch brake to bend the proper shapes and mounts.

My hands are a bit sore and tired and covered in glue Image

I was able to drill the 12mm holes through the hull for the front drive Axels and transmission covers. Very challenging bits but excellent practice since I also like to build 1:35 kits.

I drilled out all of the road wheels to 7mm and the swing suspension arms to 8mm. The outed edge of the inner side of the road wheels has to be sanded so they don't bind against the swing arm suspension stoppers.

Rear idlers are drilled out to allow for free spinning.

Photo etch brackets and fenders on upper hull

Engine covers

Having funImage

Carl
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
This stuff looks great! Very nice work on the PE ( as usual ) and you deserve some applause for cleanly separating the kit walls into an Upper and a Lower. Following along,
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!
This stuff looks great! Very nice work on the PE ( as usual ) and you deserve some applause for cleanly separating the kit walls into an Upper and a Lower. Following along,
regards,
Painless
Thank you my friend for your kind words Mr Painless they are truly appreciated.Image

I see so many wonderful builds on the forum and I enjoy watching them from start to finish. I personally like the building aspect of the hobby myself and find inspiration from other builders (like yourself). I have picked up so many excellent tips and tricksImage

The separation of the hulls was a good challenge and required much fitting and refitting since the sides are not flat and the rivets molded into the hull were right in line with my cuts Image The photo etch brackets were surprisingly not as difficult with the use of the metal brake and careful bending.

I've some filling and sanding to do since this kit was started briefly as a static display piece then disassembled to build as it currently is.

Trying to get everything prepared for the RC conversion kit. Then the electronics will be dropped in adjusted and tested.

These builds challenge me to push myself to take on more challenging projects Image
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Great job on those fenders Carl. This is an area I had a lot of trouble myself. PE parts always gave me trouble. You have managed to fold the PE parts perfectly and that is the secret for the fit. I remember now, each holes on the PE parts have to fit exactly with the plastic small pins on the fenders. And the fenders are also quite thin and the glue did not have much hold on the joint with the hull. Looks like you managed a perfect fit. Louis
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Fantastic. Even when static that should make a nice kit.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi carl, looks like you are enjoying your work, superb job, looking forward to seeing it finished :thumbup:

regards john.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you Soeren ,John and Louis I'm glad you like it! Yes the brass etch brackets are fiddly parts that if not bent properly will not line up with the Bolt holes. I appreciate your interest!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Carl,
Something I forgot to mention. Don't forget to drill out the hull MG for an led. ;o) Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning, Carl,
Something I forgot to mention. Don't forget to drill out the hull MG for an led. ;o) Following along.
regards,
Painless
Oh yes I will do that. Image

Return to “Other Builds”