Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

Henntec track tensioners have arrived to me safe and sound in a week to the states from GermanyImage Image

This is a very nicely engineered and heavy piece of equipment. Once I get into taking the lower hull apart I will mount this and take pictures of it during and after the install.

The set screws for the trailing arm mounts are easy to gain access to directly under the hull!

Thank you Mr Guido Henn for your help with this setupImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ohhhh yeah, technology from Germany to satisfy your every 1/16th need !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Ohhhh yeah, technology from Germany to satisfy your every 1/16th need !!
Yes sir Mr Herman! Mr Henntec whipped up this kit for me and I can't wait to start the installation. Should work very well with the plastic tracks once everything is assembledImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl, Good evening,
Solid engineering! That will serve you well with all kinds of tracks over all kinds of terrain!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Good evening everyoneImage Mr Painless your kind words are like a pulse of energy that give a bit of a welcome push to keep working at itImage

Ive just accomplished the Henntec tensioners and decided to install them in the reverse direction of the instructions to allow them to line up almost exactly with the original kit holes. I had to drill through the hull with a 4.5mm bit to expand the hole for the steel shafts.

Used my dremel to file down and cut the original plastic idler mounts so these beefier metal ones would clear and line up correctly.

I repurposed the original kit hub covers and drilled them out and filed them as to use them to cover the end shaft and tidy it up.

Now it's just a matter of having 35rctank complete my conversion kit and ship it so I can install itImage

Minor adjustments but I'm very happyImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice - I have a Henntec in my T55 and it's very good.

Been tempted by the 35tank Luchs conversion.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:Nice - I have a Henntec in my T55 and it's very good.

Been tempted by the 35tank Luchs conversion.
Thanks Mr Ad Lav Image I have a static version of the luchs and am considering a second one to convert to RC. I wanted to try my hand at the Panda 38t first since there are many videos online and I picked up a lot of pointers about this particular build on there. Now with this one under my belt it could make the Luchs a bit less daunting a task to buildImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tonight I had some valuable free time to spend in my workshop. I was contemplating what to do next as I await the Rc components for this build.

I started to sand and fill a bit and decided to break the tank down and give it a good base coat of dunkelgelb so I can start the process of working out the imperfections.

I remembered to cover all the glass periscopes and vision ports.... Image ( almost forgot)

At this point it's just some more research on a good paint job and the conversion kit.Image

Starting to look like a tank.... ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!,
Looking good there, Mi' Amigo. You stepped out of your comfort zone with this build and your efforts are being richly rewarded. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!,
Looking good there, Mi' Amigo. You stepped out of your comfort zone with this build and your efforts are being richly rewarded. ;o)
regards,
Painless
As always thank you for the compliment Mr Painless. This little tank is growing on meImage

Return to “Other Builds”