Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:What else would you need, except for the two kits and tools. Radio, what else?
Hi Soeren. You'll need some fresh drill bits I can tell you the required sizes for the different parts of the kit that require the parts be drilled out the kit for the conversion actually comes with some styrene sheets I didn't use them I use thicker styrene material I can give you those sizes and I made the brackets that allow the top hatch to open and turn to open and close. a lot of patienceImage I'm already dissapointed in the fact that the kit is near completion because I had a really great time building it and making this static model into something that can actually
Run
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Well, I am really tempted to try that in the future. Atm, I am a bit disappointed with those Taigen tanks. They are ok and ready to run. But with all the extras to make them appear nice price isn't that far fron Tamiya anymore. And a nice build with good engineered kits appears worthwhile.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

There is a conversion kit for the Classy Hobby Panzer II Luchs. That maybe worth your while
UZI
Recruit

Post by UZI »

Great job with this tiny tank :thumbup:
Per aspera ada astra
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

c.rainford73 wrote:There is a conversion kit for the Classy Hobby Panzer II Luchs. That maybe worth your whileImage
I already saw that the conversion is not that easy. The drive wheels are not aligned and Need some "help" to work. Interesting would that tank be of Course. The Video on the conversion kits Website Looks nice.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

UZI wrote:Great job with this tiny tank Image
Thank you so much Mr UziImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:There is a conversion kit for the Classy Hobby Panzer II Luchs. That maybe worth your whileImage
I already saw that the conversion is not that easy. The drive wheels are not aligned and Need some "help" to work. Interesting would that tank be of Course. The Video on the conversion kits Website Looks nice.
I agree with you Mr Soeren but that's what makes it so much funImage there were times with this kit I must admit I was just about to stop [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Finally received the electrical bits to assemble for the final leg of the journey. Got a very compact 1300mah lipo that I've had to dissect the power leads on to attach the power supply to the boards.Image I actually had a flat lipo battery pack the other day and was able to rescue from the dead with a neat trick I found online....

So now the original xt60 lead will be my charging point and the other lead is dedicated to the board. The battery will be removed for charging of course.

So for now no fear of the dreaded LiPo's as long as you respect them they will behave.

Ordered a few more hobby king receivers so I can sync a few more of my models to one Turnigy 9xrpro radio. ImageImageImageImage
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Is the third plug for a volt-o-meter?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Soeren, if you mean the three pin plug that's for balancing the cells during charging, and you can also attach an LVA (low voltage alarm).
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Other Builds”