Cromwell Mk 4 1:16 scratch build Ludwig kit

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Cromwell Mk 4 1:16 scratch build Ludwig kit

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Very nice, great detail and finish. You've done a great job on the home made parts, each bit unique! To really top this build off, I'd go for chrome hub caps ;)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

BarryC wrote:Roy,

You've done a FANTASTIC job! :thumbup: :thumbup: You have a beautifully detail model of a not often modeled British tank in this scale. :clap: :clap:

Barry
Many, many thanks, Barry. :thumbup: Coming from someone with almost superhuman modelling skills, I'll take that as a supportive compliment. Thank you very much! Oh, yes, and have a wonderful Christmas!!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Very nice, great detail and finish. You've done a great job on the home made parts, each bit unique! To really top this build off, I'd go for chrome hub caps ;)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
!!! Do Vallejo have chrome paint in their extensive list of acrylics? I wonder....To add to the charming image you've just conjured up with your sometimes (amusingly) perverse sense of humour, I would also add 'go-faster stripes'
and those stupid 'anti-static' strips that 70s, and 80s, drivers would often have dangling from the back of their steeds. :/ :D
If you happen to have a slurp to hand, I'll say: "Cheers!! and..er..bottoms up!" :wave:
(but not literally.... :shifty: :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Finally found the weather to give the Cromwell the proper Brit Olive Drab colour it needed. Up until now, it had been languishing in the slightly more anaemic US Olive drab shade :shh: :D

After one coat, it looked like this:
After a second, much heavier coat, it now looks like it just left the depot (though someone forgot the regimental decals, and numbers :) )
Decals next for this one, and a general tune up. :wave: The elevation and recoil are a tad limited, and require some fine-tuning. Also, the suspension springs are too weak. They are on the Comet too, and that's an issue I must don my thinking cap for :problem:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Now thats a proper paintjob well done! What shade of green is it exactly?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That Cromwell is looking excellent Roy :clap: i'd also be interested to hear of the solution you possibly come up with for the weak suspension spring issue :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That last photo taken in full sun really highlights all the awesome detail! Great picture.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have one of these, that I haven’t started yet, what would you advise the best place to start
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

c.rainford73 wrote:Now thats a proper paintjob well done! What shade of green is it exactly?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
SCC15- British Olive Drab (in use on all British tanks from 1944-1945), Carl. As far as I'm aware, Mig Jimenez is the only company producing it. :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:That last photo taken in full sun really highlights all the awesome detail! Great picture.
Thanks again, Jim. Yes, the light was just about perfect. Up here in the Highlands, there are periods when we have 'four seasons in one day'; but lately, the weathergods have smiled upon us.

Return to “Other Builds”