Yet another Hybrid

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Yet another Hybrid

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jeez they're nice !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Cheers bud.. :thumbup:
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
88-bait
Private

Post by 88-bait »

Oh yes, frankie, the two in the front and the one right hand rear please :thumbup: The wife does PayPal if its of any help? 8) PM for details please 8)

All is proceeding well with the firefly and for once, I'm controlling the excitement and I'm doing a bit at a time. The colour is on and is a mixture of info from various Sherman websites coupled with 33 year experience of allied greens (ya never get it absolutely right), mixed from ol skool Humbrol, its an oldie, but a goody. :D Of course, the colour on the screen is not the colour I have here as there is more olive in it than meets the eye; still, I'm happy with it. ;)

It still has a long way to go, not least the weathering, like my dusty Italian theatre M4 A1, but me thinks a little lass drastic this time for the German countryside. :think: Other things to be done are the travers motor which is a little tight, the one locating pin being from the donor deck and is 1mm out making the mesh a little tight; we cant have that! :D

Still, its coming along just fine.
DSCF7616.JPG
DSCF7614.JPG
DSCF7621.JPG
88-bait
Private

Post by 88-bait »

Moving on with the project a bit, the hybrid now has an identity and a commander who has had a bit of surgery to extend him a bit. The first stage of weathering has been applied and I have a bit of stowage (I must get more) to fit later on. I scratch built the stowage bin and medical box to the rear. I see this Sherman as the stereotype panzer hunter, so British pattern camo/nets will be used, but this time secured by removable means with the original detail unaltered under it.

For this I have used the nets available on eBay and a number of dried household wet wipes, dyed to the camo colours. Its better than tissue and not quite cloth and has a good look to it. This can be cut into strips and used on the camo net. 8) There is a 'hull down' picture in the Firefly book and it has captured my imagination as the quintessential British (ok its Anglo/American :silent: ) battle tank. ;)
DSCF7655.JPG
DSCF7657.JPG
DSCF7659.JPG
DSCF7661.JPG

Return to “Other Builds”