Nashorn kit - Another kit In Progress

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Nashorn kit - Another kit In Progress

Post by AlwynTurner »

Having decided to produce the kit, I have started preparing the components for the first kit. The print quality is much better than the prototype (printed in thinner layers and more slowly) and needs very little sanding/finishing.

Anyone interested in scratch building from the bare components please pm me and I'll organise a price. I'm waiting for the chassis from Forgebear so the price will include a modified bare chassis.

For those looking for a more 'assembled' kit then please bear with me and I'll advise those interested with a price as assembly proceeds. Obviously the more build I do the more the 'kit' costs so jump in if it reaches the stage you feel comfortable with finishing.

Alwyn :wave: :thumbup:
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Nashorn kit - a new beginning

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking excellent Alwyn. Once your production line starts pumping out at full speed I'm sure many folks ( myself included) will want one. Hoping that your wife feels better soon

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Great work :thumbup:

If I pull my finger out this year and put a dent in my current build and rebuild backlog I will likely throw an order in myself.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I'm not normally a huge fan of German armour, but you're really tempting me here Alwyn. After all, my T-34 and SU-152 are going to need an opponent, aren't they...?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Raminator, the kit progresses so watch this space. :D :D

I've printed off more of the detailing rather than building from styrene. The structural/major bits will still be styrene sheet though as printing is not so good for larger or flat items. next major progress will be when I get the chassis from Forgebear.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Some progress on the kit assembly with more items being printed

All the lessons learned from the prototype mean that some parts are cut properly and are assembled in a different order, and some parts cut messily from styrene are nicely printed in quick time. Of course it also helps to lubricate proceedings with a nice full-bodied red wine!

So onwards and upwards

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The gangs hard at work in the munitions factory
Just hope we don't have a visit from the RAF :haha:

Should get the rest of the PAK 43 done tomorrow

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Those fellows in your pictures if they keep producing at this rate they're going to ask you for a raise
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Cruiser133
Private

Post by Cruiser133 »

Interested in the price, I want a Nashorn bad!!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

'Kit' number 1 is progressing.
The build team seem to do more talking than building!
It's coming together steadily. I've had to start the upper hull build using my prototype lower hull because the lower hulls I've ordered through Forgebear are still in transit from China, so at least I can make some progress. I'll just have to modify the lower hull to fit the upper hull, which is not my preferred way of working, still needs must as they say.

Anyway let the fun continue!

Return to “Other Builds”