Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

Post by Soeren »

Went forward to do the "dirt area". Ordered a Batch of MIGs Light Earth and Turned Earth. This is "Turned Earth". Just to let you know about colour accuracy. That stuff turns out GRAY! :wtf:

Added garden soil with PVA in water. When thoroughly dried it gets lighter I hope. Anyways I have to blend These two colours bevor adding "The Green". Apropos green. That is my Interim Project: a Revell Leopard I in Dutch colours. :thumbup: Although I already did Color Modulation by Airbrush, drybrushin and filters, it Looks plain. But I like it... Because I figure it turns my way slowly. 8|
Attachments
JP Vignette garden soil.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren absolutely stunning piece of work!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

It goes on a bit. Thx Mr Rainford

Here I painted the soil, the mixture with PVA didnt lighten up again ,stayed like wet unfortunately. So even acrylic Fixer has another formula as it dries true. I had some Pasture mix lying around and gave it a thin coat and a bush and testfitted the tank. Have to resculpt the area where the tanks meets the ground and have to find a way to get higher grass into the Scene.
Attachments
Testfit.jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Can use a long brisle house painting brush , cut sections of the brush to suit, them imbed them where you want. Paint to a suitable colour,
Done
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Good idea. :thumbup:

These are sold quite cheap and in various lengths. We will see how to place them to look random enough.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

I had some brushes lying around. Now working out how to make it work.

I came up with the idea to add a few rocks and had the first wall section finished now it is up to be painted. :thumbup:

I have a question regarding the Motors. I have the Standard 3:1 Pro Set from RCpanzer.de. These are too weak for the all metal running gear. Will the 4:1 or even 5:1 be any better in that regard? It would be an Option to pay 60€ for better running capability. The Clutch DKLM, ylthough nice, would be around 300€ with the needed electronics upgrade. Not an option for me right now.
Attachments
IMG_5983 update.jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hows it looking now Mr S ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks for asking...

I started with some 1:35 projects I had laying around that I bought on those days when I was "emotionally down" with the big boy? :sick:

After I started the new Revell Leopard 1A1 and ordered Meng workable tracks, I wanted to do a bit of painting again.

viewtopic.php?f=82&p=220956#p220956
:wave:

But I will carry on with this table tank as well :thumbup:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Half a year later I finally came to paint the wall. The concrete between the bricks is an outside repair filler. It really works here and looks like the real thing. Well, who had thought that, because it actually is.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren that looks very convincing top job
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”