Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I’ve seen this over the years & still don’t believe it !!!!
I can almost savvy the primer bands over dark yellow, but the white over those :wtf: ??
The Octopus King Tiger is an orphan, so there’s a chance this was also the work of a neo-impressionist art school drop out, but I just struggle with “ what WERE they thinking”??!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Just to clarify, you have aced the scheme mate, it’s just the real life concept I’m struggling with !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Hey guys, thanks for your comments. This was again to try something including the AK washable agent and of course the scheme. I found two pictures which this scheme should be based on. As it looks, the artist took some freedom in the interpretation. Being black and white the colour is of course guesswork. None the less it seems to have some high contrast in it.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Could the base colour be a green, with broader bands of primer/red brown, with bands of Dunklegelb.?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Green as Base. Well? Haven't thought about that. Maybe. The brown could of course be ral8017 as well. And dunkelgelb / sand for the stripes would be something too. Indeed I did use a 50 50 mix of ral 1001 and ral 1015. Still it looks almost white here. A real dead white would have been too much for sure. According to my superficial reference the tank was to be located in the Ardennes and thus would make a white not completely impossible.
In the end I plan a few joyfull hours of enamel products and oil paints. So it will change in the end. To some degree.
Last edited by Soeren on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Anyhow I'll keep it up. Testing camos on 1/35th scale tanks still 2 Jagdpanthers in the stash :P
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

With some weathering the paint scheme looks quite different and less vibrant.

sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Firstly, what a wonderful build. I’ve read all the posts and a thoroughly comprehensive build process you’ve posted. This latest camo scheme reminds me of the Panther at The Tank Museum, Bovington UK although the white is less pronounced.
Secondly I myself have an HL Panther G with metal chassis, tracks and wheels. Painted in disc ambush scheme(historically incorrect but I love the disc scheme) and soon to acquire a poorly painted HL Jagdpanther of which I shall re-read these posts for tips and ideas and try and restore it
Attachments
Similar camouflage scheme
Similar camouflage scheme
7284012E-7FAE-48E7-9394-EE49204B9C78.jpeg (79.06 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there Sinj and thank you for looking and glad you enjoy this thread. Wish you much fun with your builds. Maybe you wanna share some with us as well.
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Hey, yeah I’m going to post my attempt so far. Somewhat embarrassed looking at the standards on here. I shall start a post...
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther

Return to “Other Builds”