Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

Post by Soeren »

The track situation is a bit annoying. It seems to be a known issue with the "Wintertrack". Had I known that before, I had ordered the regular ones, especially as I now made a summer tank. But hey, why toss track that are new, eh ?
Anyways, they are now complete weathered and put on the tank. Have to make them really tight, so not enough sag as of now. But I guess they have to break in. After a few passes over the sprocket they worked better. Not good though. Added the optics and work on two water canisters and ordered stuff to make the Matchbox vignette in 1/16. It won't get boring :thumb up:.
Attachments
Tracks weathered
Tracks weathered
Last edited by Soeren on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Cheers Mr. Son-o-@-gun. :D

Dear tank experts, the JP had a very rudimentary electronics setup. Basically I would not need the big root of cables going into the turret slot on the ibu2. So I looked at the manual and saw the front light and mg have a separate"-" pin and a shared "+" pin. It also looks like a servo plug would fit there. So I thought to make those 4 cables into 3 and slot them into the IBu. Both pieces have an LED in them, is it important which cable connects to - or +? Regards.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Some Progress. IBU2Pro installed. Track Recoil set to 100/35 atm gives about 5mm setback during the shot :thumbup: Seems to be correct according to the book for the fixed gun. Tracks start to work as well now. *sigh*
Next, make the servos work. Elevation works.

Any links on preparing Videos for YouTube?
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey ho, someone asked for the inside shots... Here she is. Just glued the switch box inside. Need to attach the traverse wire and then tidy her up and bring the final outside tuneup to an end. Sounds nice, moves nice.
And the inside of the lower hull. Boombox and brain.
Attachments
JP the horror inside below
JP the horror inside below
JP the horror inside
JP the horror inside
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:Hey ho, someone asked for the inside shots... Here she is. Just glued the switch box inside. Need to attach the traverse wire and then tidy her up and bring the final outside tuneup to an end. Sounds nice, moves nice.
And the inside of the lower hull. Boombox and brain.
Nice work Soeren. I like how neat and tidy the inside looks. Very effective use of space.Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you very much. That is the good thing about the turretless tanks... Just had it run around the house.
Have to add one more link to the right side track. It has for some funny reason less sag than the left side although both have the same number of links and the idlers are maximum relaxed.

Heres a few more shots of the Switch box. Glad to have this big back hatch :thumbup:

and minimum and maximum gun travel.
Attachments
gun depression
gun depression
Maximum gun elevation
Maximum gun elevation
JP max elevation.jpg (92.47 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
Switch box behind cover
Switch box behind cover
Last edited by Soeren on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking the part absolutely beautiful work
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you dear Sir. As yesterday I managed to assemble the traverse servo, the gun assembly is working now. Some tweeks might be needed still. But I am happy so far. The optics are in place as well. Got those Juckenberg 20l canisters on the painting table and then it will be weathering and finally the vigniette supported by a piece from a Swedish livingenvironment wholesaler. After being inspired by Mr. Bix roundtable, I found a 50x50 square table there, also has a floor for the rc goody's and you can roll it around the living room.

As for my question regarding the LEDs in the hull. I guess I need to combine the two red cables of light and mg and place these in the +slot, then have the separate black/blue cables and place these in the separate -slots. Maybe I can manage that tonight after work.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got the lines of a Ferrari mate :thumbup:
Such a nice job.
The camo work is a treat, different and effective, not "out-there' and far fetched, I love it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thaks guys for the Support and the warm words to this Point. Here are a few shots in an appropriate Environment. Have to say it runs, but not too well. The rigt side Motor is not able to push it. Have the 3:1Pro gearbox for this, combined with the illfitting tracks.. Meh. But it Looks good. Maybe I have to run it with a few batteries to break it in.

For now I call it quit and do other Projects. But I will get to it with the dirty stuff later on.

Thanks again guys.

Enjoy. EDIT. When pasting the picture URL into the browser bar you can access the high resolution version.

Return to “Other Builds”