Ludwig/Taigen SU-152 (early production)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Met5
Corporal

Re: Ludwig/Taigen SU-152 (early production)

Post by Met5 »

Hì Artem,
Artem RedArmy wrote:The assembly of this kit takes about 40 hours....
Artem is not debatable about this: work must be paid
Artem RedArmy wrote: And most importantly, I made this project using factory drawings and measurements of a real SU-152.....
That's why your SU 152 is the most beautiful on the net
Artem RedArmy wrote:Preparing the taigen chassis to install the kit requires 30 minutes of time.
So preparing the Taigen frame is a quick job, which the customer who orders the SU152 kit can easily do.

And I think we all agree on what I wrote.

Question: have you also thought of a kit in which the buyer (advanced model maker) works those 40 hours of work himself, in order to lower the sale price while guaranteeing you the same profit?

Kind regards

Fabio
Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

So preparing the Taigen frame is a quick job, which the customer who orders the SU152 kit can easily do.

And I think we all agree on what I wrote.

Question: have you also thought of a kit in which the buyer (advanced model maker) works those 40 hours of work himself, in order to lower the sale price while guaranteeing
Thanks. Kits for the KV chassis will be produced only in assembled form. But we are preparing for the release in 2022 of 2 sets for self - modification . This will be the cabin of the SU-76i for the PZ-III chassis and the ISU-152/122 for the Js-2 taigen chassis. Design work on ISU-152/122 is fully completed.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

A beautiful conversion kit, Artem. Very nice work with the original blueprints, certainly a lot more accurate than I can get working from photos! I hope mine looks half as good as yours by the time I'm done.
HERMAN BIX wrote:When do you reckon your going to run a print Mr Raminator ?
Took a while to get to that point, my printer was too small to handle the casemate unless it was cut into four or five pieces. So I put my tax return to good use and bought its bigger brother!
IMG20211205152635.jpg
I'm making some adjustments to the drawings, hopefully should make some progress this week. I'm pretty happy with the design of the all the parts now, it'll just take some work to get them printable and fitting together nicely.
casemate_03.jpg
casemate_04.jpg
Now with two printers I should be able to get through all this more quickly! :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Does a body still need a donor KV1 to make this all work Mr Raminator ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

IT'S HAPPENING 8O
IMG20211213184514.jpg
After 13 hours 30 minutes for the front half and 12 hours 45 minutes for the rear half, the test print looks alright. I'm getting a bit of warping along the sides, I think it's because of the way I angled the prints to fit. I think I'll make the walls thinner, but with more bracing; they're currently scale thickness of the actual armour plates!
IMG20211213184633.jpg
Still some adjustments to make, and I need to finalise how the mechanical parts are mounted. Making progress for once, though!
HERMAN BIX wrote:Does a body still need a donor KV1 to make this all work Mr Raminator ?
I don't think so, I'm planning to use the one I cut up for the Ludwig upper. I'd never permanently attached it, so it's all good to go. Maybe if I were to do another one, though... :think:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yeah man, thats the schiznik..............
Seems real big compared to the Jukenburg conversion kit ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

An ISU 122 next ??.................I can send you an upper hull to play with :shifty:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

Very serious and high-quality work on the project. I'm delighted.
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

The prints are awesome. I'm following this thread with great interest !
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Quality work Raminator. :clap:
On a side note, what brand of desk lamp is that one on your 3D printing bench? I was only looking at investing in a new one yesterday and that looks the goods.

Return to “Other Builds”