Ludwig/Taigen SU-152 (early production)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Re: Ludwig/Taigen SU-152 (early production)

Post by MITCH »

I admire the work done, and I find the textured effect very well done :clap: :clap: , however, I do not think it's necessary on this area. The KV1S had the same back and the surface was rather smooth ... This is only my humble opinion...

You can find other pictures here: https://war-time.ru/images/blog/bronete ... -kv-1s/?MA ;)
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Thank you for the kind words guys, I'm pleased to have you all following along. No secrets with the exhausts I'm afraid, just a bit of cold hard dosh. They're the Schumo KV exhausts; cast in nickel-silver, they're miles ahead of the pot metal Taigen ones.
Soeren wrote:What I found with those brass screws though.these are in my opinion too sharp on the head. Using a nice fine sanding sponge breaks the corners and looks much more to scale.
Thank you for the tip Soeren, I will give that a go!
MITCH wrote:I admire the work done, and I find the textured effect very well done :clap: :clap: , however, I do not think it's necessary on this area. The KV1S had the same back and the surface was rather smooth ... This is only my humble opinion...
It does look a bit over-the-top in the last photo, but the lighting is almost perpendicular. It's a much more subtle effect otherwise, and by the time it gets painted and weathered it will be less obvious.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Third time restarting this project, let's see if I can make it to the finish line this time! At least most of the functional and structural stuff is done, so onto the details.

I spent some time over the last week drawing up of all the hatches and ran some test prints last night. I need to make some adjustments, but I'm pretty happy with how things are going so far.
IMG20211018184703.jpg
IMG20211018184839.jpg
Pretty pleased with how the details have turned out, the little leather strap turned out great and the port in the commander's hatch works.
IMG20211018185030.jpg
IMG20211018184925.jpg
Everything's just blu-tacked in place for now, I'll reprint with the necessary adjustments using a stronger resin mix. Lots of holes to fill in the Ludwig base kit before anything can be permanently attached, and I'll be making some surface texture on the casemate to tie it into the rest of the vehicle. I'll get it done this time, I swear!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

At least this one I won’t hound you to sell me !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote:At least this one I won’t hound you to sell me !!
Blimey! You OK Herman?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ha!! Yeah mate, having 2 would just be plain greedy !!
If it was an ISU 122 however :think: :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Third time lucky, Dan :thumbup: Keep calm, and carry on- it's going to be a show-stopper. :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Cheers Roy, I'm actually going to have to finish this one myself if Herman won't buy it! :haha:

I've spent some time over the last few days attempting a new mantlet. It's the most complicated thing I've drawn yet, but I don't think my sculpted Milliput version is accurate enough and it's far too heavy. So I'm going to try this instead:
mantlet_01.jpg
I've been working off a bunch of different photos, references and blueprints. I think I'm getting somewhere, I'll just need to see if I can print the bloody thing! It should be about 100 grams lighter than the solid Milliput, so that'll be a lot less weight dangling off the servos.

Cross your fingers for me, lads!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hmm I didn’t say I wouldn’t, but I won’t need too……….
(Sigh) but I’ve promised no More tanks until I do the ones I have :'(
Better not be a 122 version popping up anywhere, that would force a clash of morals!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Hmm I didn’t say I wouldn’t, but I won’t need too……….
(Sigh) but I’ve promised no More tanks until I do the ones I have :'(
Better not be a 122 version popping up anywhere, that would force a clash of morals!

Artem just joined the forums and he could probably makes one... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Other Builds”