1944 M16 by Torro

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

1944 M16 by Torro

Post by PainlessWolf »

Post has been coming in lately with lots of tools for working on Mike's Tiger so it was pretty cool today to see something I had ordered for myself show up. Torro's newest version of the M16 anti-aircraft Halftrack is a treat for the eyes. Having said that, when I get around to this build, I should have super detail pieces available via one of Trumpeter's Halftrack kits in the same 1/16 scale. Video of Bob Held testing this vehicle can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss7BXjZQUR0 and Pics are here...
Attachments
Always room for improvement tho'  ;o)
Always room for improvement tho' ;o)
Very pleased with the stock level of detail and function
Very pleased with the stock level of detail and function
This machine was taken out and tested by Bob from RC Tank Command before he shipped it to me
This machine was taken out and tested by Bob from RC Tank Command before he shipped it to me
Torro's newest version of this machine.
Torro's newest version of this machine.
Torro's newest version of this machine..JPG (99.88 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
Something cool from RC Tank Command.com
Something cool from RC Tank Command.com
...Here for the Dawn...
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1944 M16 by Torro

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Nice purchase painless :thumbup: I have one of these myself, yet to do any work on it though as it's still on the very long production line waiting it's turn :{ ;)

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Thank you, gentlemen! This one is at the end of the line build-wise as well but will be great fun once I get started on it. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Handsome piece of Kit, Painless...even without customisation. :thumbup: I'm sure it will grace your new 40' x 40' tank park next Spring, together with the roads and trackways you're planning to create there.
There's a saying here in Scotland that's always puzzled me: upon wishing someone well, you say: 'May the road always rise up to me you ('Ye') !'...Odd that, as to me though, that sounds like someone who has had a skinful of whiskey, is about to 'meet' the road with his face :haha: ..Anyway, I shall look forward to your roads rising up to meet your tracked, and half-tracked collection.. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, 43rd R&R,
Aye, I'll continue work through the season as the weather allows. The Mate doesn't know it until tomorrow but they have a 1/16 RC Excavator coming for their Birthday. They can go out and do some scale road bed prep. *chuckles* Easy on the whiskey and laying about flat on your face. Never know who will find you in your cups ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Youre all heart Mr wolf.............Mrs Wolf getting an excavator huh..................she'll dig you a hole with it I fear mate :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman, Herman, Good morning,
Maybe, maybe not. I've been on a search to find out what kind of RC would interest the Mate and so far, my only positive clue has been "pistol grip controller". Bought him a 1/10 scale 4WD for Christmas and it hasn't seen the outside of it's box yet so still working on this. Mini- Helicopters have seen the most use and I got a drone for a gift from him so maybe he's saying he would like a Drone. Something to ponder. Hopefully, tracked vehicles will work their magic like they did me.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Nice one..are you planning on changing the electrics because the std ones are pretty poor?
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, Frank,
I really would like to have engine sound and some proper quad 50 firing. I have heard rumors of a card and chip that were made for this so will have to seek them out. As far as the movements, they seems better than what was reported earlier in the run with proportional creep and slow steering. Still gets up to a fair clip at full throttle so suspect that is not scaled.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

El-mod did a board just for the m16..not sure if it's still available...
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/

Return to “Other Builds”