Mato M36B1 Tank Destroyer (full metal)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
B_Man
Corporal

Re: Mato M36B1 Tank Destroyer (full metal)

Post by B_Man »

Great to have you back and to see this amazing model finished :thumbup:

It's weird timing as something reminded me of this build over the weekend and I wondered what happened and if the incredible M36 with a working breech was ever finished. The level of detail you have put in is first rate.
HALFTRACKJAMES
Recruit

Post by HALFTRACKJAMES »

Truely amazing work, an absolutely stunning work of art.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

My lord! That is a superb model. Simply amazing, down to the spent casings on the roof. Truly outstanding
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

PershingLover wrote:My lord! That is a superb model. Simply amazing, down to the spent casings on the roof. Truly outstanding
Wow, so much eye candy! I somehow missed the spent .50 cal rounds with their disintegrating links! I was admiring the perfect "wooden" grips on the machine gun and the unhooked binocular case strap. This is one of those creations that every time you look at it you'll notice something new.

Beautiful!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
SamuraiGreen02
Recruit

Post by SamuraiGreen02 »

Glad to see that you are still around! I hope you release the 3D printed files and explain what you did so if others would like a working breach they could. It's really an inspiration for those just starting or looking to modify their own tanks.
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

SamuraiGreen02 wrote:Glad to see that you are still around! I hope you release the 3D printed files and explain what you did so if others would like a working breach they could. It's really an inspiration for those just starting or looking to modify their own tanks.
Thanks again to everyone for the kind comments. I have had a few requests for the 3D print files and I am very happy to make them available to everyone at some point. However, as it stands the breech and it's mechanisms needed quite a bit of post-print finishing so the files still need a little further development to produce a working breech 'off the print bed' so to speak. The tolerances, for example, are all off at present because a working assembly in Fusion 360 (which is the software I mostly use) doesn't equate to a working mechanism in the real world of course (hence, a lot of filing, fitting, and adjusting, and/or re-printing, etc,etc 8O ).

I could just provide the files 'as is' of course but I wouldn't be happy to give people a project requiring so much work to get a working result. In fact to get the project finished to a working standard is probably not a great deal more to do, but like everything it's a case of getting around to actually doing it. It's one of those things I have in mind and will get to but I'm not sure when :crazy:

Worse, still I have so many other tank projects to catch up on now it's difficult to know what to prioritize (so I prioritize them all, he he :haha:) . That said I recently received some much needed replacement tracks (with nice little duckbilly's) so I might just have to return my attention to the M36 in any case :thumbup: .

Return to “Other Builds”