Torro Jagdtiger makeover

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Torro Jagdtiger makeover

Post by maxmekker »

Been running my Stock Torro Jagdtiger for a while now , but desided I wanted to make it more 'mine'
Removing skirts and New Paint job Down the road .

Skirts coming of , now That involves a bit of hack'n slash , and some work With sheets of evergreen , not my strongest side but here is how I did it .

With fenders of, time to remove the last strip of molded plastic. Also this is the part that needs filling inn later

Drammen Rock City
maxmekker

Re: Torro Jagdtiger makeover

Post by maxmekker »

With that removed, time to fill in the gaps

I would have liked to have 1 mm on the outside, but my LHS was out, so it had to be 0,5mm

Drammen Rock City
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

Side plate cut to shape and holes for Tools/cables etc are drilled

Add a few Ludwig parts

Drammen Rock City
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

Paper cut out's for test fitting

Drammen Rock City
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

Got a smal start on weld lines

Drammen Rock City
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I had considered doing this to mine but it's still has that brand new tank smell soooo not right now. It's looking very good!

If I may offer a suggestion, check out the working gun travel lock offered on Ludwigs site, I got one from him and mounted it on my JT and it really helps out the whole front of the tank.
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

Here is last Nights work

Drammen Rock City
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

jackalope wrote:I had considered doing this to mine but it's still has that brand new tank smell soooo not right now. It's looking very good!

If I may offer a suggestion, check out the working gun travel lock offered on Ludwigs site, I got one from him and mounted it on my JT and it really helps out the whole front of the tank.
As you might see from the photos, I have removed the Stock molded on one, and Ludwigs are bought and received here. Got the cheaper one of them, and it might some slight sanding and straighting out before fitting .

Might I ask what kind of nut and screw you used to secure the gun Lock to the holders on the chassie ?
Drammen Rock City
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Yup I see that now. I have the same one installed on mine, I'll have to double check but I believe they're 1mm nuts and bolts. I order them in a package of 50ea along with some .5mm nuts and bolts for my 251 rc build.

Looks like you're reusing the factory mounting points, you're going to notice that they're a tad closer together then the Ludwig travel lock, I fixed this by gently bending the Ludwig travel lock arms slightly together and then had to bend the mounting bracket of the travel lock to fit the tank. It sounds worse then it is. ;)
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Excellent work Max. I am very interested in this modification to the side fenders on your JT because this is something I'm presently thinking about for my KT build. I realise they have different turrets but the chassis and hull is, I assume pretty much the same (excuse the newbie question)? At the moment I can't decide because if I upgrade the fenders (I was thinking of cheating with the Aber photo etch parts) this won't be as robust for bashing around in the garden. On the other hand I do want the level of detail, etc (I have the same quandary regarding the frond fenders, already upgraded the rear). Scratch built fenders, like you are making, would be stronger I think but I don't have the level of skills needed to fabricate to scale out of metal, at least yet.
Also just wondering why you cut the plastic moulded fenders off along the seam in the fenders rather than from the outer top edge as I have seen others do (I think)?
Regardless, it looks to be coming along really well - great stuff.

Return to “Other Builds”