RCTank.de Panther G Upgrades and Makeover

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: The voices made me do it

Post by silversurfer1947 »

That's changed a lot since yesterday. Looking good.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yum !!
Wheres this thing been for a year mate !!?? ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Did a bit more detailing, scuffing etc. I'll call it done now, just stick it all back together and give it a test run.

Sent from my phone using Fumblefingers v1.2
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Rob ,Like the El-mod board , sounds are great, and it doesn't set off like a F1 car (like Tamiyas do) can you also adjust the reverse speed so it only goes at correct speed (again unlike the Tamiya as fast backwards as forwards). Hope you bring it next weekend so can see it close up.

regards pete
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

An Elmod board you can adjust the different sounds? Ohhhhh I know what board I'm trying next!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You can adjust the sounds seperately, from -100% = no sound, to +100% =double the sound. So you can amplify the gun, and have the engine sounds lower if you want. On +100% it is deafening indoors. All of the NextGen sounds are studio quality and flawless, so winding up the volume doesn't distort the sound. The way that the sound system works is unique as it reads the motors, and adjusts the engine sound depending on whether you are on the flat, going uphill etc. You get full volume gun sounds when the tank is running as it is multi channel sound, one sound doesn't affect the others.

It also has electronic gear changes, so you get a lull while the driver changes gear and then it speeds up again, and the acceleration in each gear can be set as well. You can also set the maximum speed if you want to. Turret rotation minimum and maximum speeds can also be set. The spin turn settings allow you have one track turning faster than the other, and you can set the speed of each, the list is endless, the screens above show some but not all of the settings available. This can all be done with the tank plugged into a pc (Windows or Mac) and with it run from the tx, so you can adjust everything and test it with the tank on a block.

You can save the customised profile under a different name thus keeping the original untouched.

Sounds are on an SD card, just stick it in the pc, run the sound manager, click on the tank you want, click save, and job done.

These are my two Elmod tanks:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Wow man thank you so very much! I have an ASP2 currently on pre order that will be going in my M36 cause I can't get an IBU to fit.

After I get my ASP2 I'm ordering an Elmod, I like the fact you can adjust the sounds. How does it work with an airsoft gun? Do you need to try to time it like the IBU?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Here's the manual. If you want confirmation that the airsoft works ok with the latest boards etc, you could drop Thomas a line from the site, they speak perfect English and much prefer you to use it rather than an online English/German translator that always gets it hopelessly wrong. 8O

https://www.elmod.eu/contact_us.php

Manual:

https://www.elmod.eu/pdf/Fusion_RevE_english.pdf

There is also an Elmod forum:

http://www.rceifel.de/forum/forumdispla ... f5e4&f=260
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Great Work, Wibbs. Very informative, and the jump from 7/15 to 7/16 didn't quite blow a fuse in the old hippie brain (came close for a minute). :crazy:

I could write pages but it would all say that's a very cool tank. I like the mantlet mounted IR system (for starters).

I have the Imex/Taigen Panther G and at first thought about an IBU2, then Kevin said he was sending me a free Asp (still waiting) so I just might have to try the elmod. The computer programming part is scary for me.

What TX does your Big Kat use?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I am just using a flysky FS T6, cheap and does the job. There is no programming, you just switch the tank on, start the configuration program on the pc, plug the usb cable in, and the pc reads all of the settings on the tank.

All of the configuration is on drop down menus, and slider controls, so no technical knowledge required whatsoever. When done you can save the new profile under a new name to keep the original safe, and then click on store to write the updated profile to the tank. Quit the program, unplug the pc, job done. It takes about two seconds to update.

It even monitors the battery, tells you the remaining voltage etc. You can't mess anything up, if you don't like the way something is you just plug it back in and change it. Bear in mind that you can run the tank from the tx while it is plugged in, so you can immediately see what effect the changes have had and make adjustments until you are happy with it.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Other Builds”