Jadgpanzer L70/V Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Jadgpanzer L70/V Build

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mate, can you possibly take pic with a comparable vehicle of the same scale front on please , and in B & W !
It would be a great indicator of the actual differences in proportion.

I with Mr Painless, the realism is profound.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Sure, we have a battleday on Saturday so I will take shots front on and side then. :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

I didn't have time to take pics at the battlefield but since I was unloading them I took some quickpics at home. I thought it would be interesting to put some of the main combatants of the peiod together for the comparison... Colour and a couple black and white... :D

Ahhhh!!! Dogzilla is back!!!! :haha

P.S. HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO EVERYONE!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:
Attachments
Size comparison 9 B&W 3.jpg
Size comparison 9 B&W 3.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 8 B&W 2.jpg
Size comparison 8 B&W 2.jpg (44.92 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 7 B&W 1.jpg
Size comparison 7 B&W 1.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 6.jpg
Size comparison 6.jpg (87.33 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 5.jpg
Size comparison 5.jpg (54.6 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 4.jpg
Size comparison 4.jpg (88.68 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 3.jpg
Size comparison 3.jpg (63.35 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 2.jpg
Size comparison 2.jpg (69.65 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Size comparison 1.jpg
Size comparison 1.jpg (92.84 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Thank you for posting the pics. The size comparison is very cool to observe. It shows why tank killers like the 70' were so successful. The unit is roughly the height of a standard Sherman's hull minus the turret. Also why the KV-1 and 2 were so frightening to Wehrmacht troops in 41' and 42'. Roughly the size of a King Tiger and in the case of the KV-2, a taller turret.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: :haha: Image
DoggieZilla likes Greta :haha: :haha:

Cool pics dgsselkirk :thumbup:

Happy Tanking SirImage

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The line up certainly shows the comparrison between some of the the most recognisable AFV silouettes we have come to know.
The '70 next to the Sherman really does put the question....................
Why a King Tiger ??
Imagine an absolute torrent of those (T34/76 like) 70 things lying in wait ............
Nice line up mate, appreciate the picture.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

I even question a Tiger. Too expensive, too complicated, Most people (not the guys here of course) don't realize that the total production of Tigers was a couple less than 1350. This represents less than ONE MONTH'S production of T-34/85's. The guts it would take to be in a German AFV knowing you will eventually be overwhelmed. The guts it took to be in a Russian tank knowing you were outgunned and if you by chance did see the working end of a German machine you were probably dead...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:I even question a Tiger. Too expensive, too complicated, Most people (not the guys here of course) don't realize that the total production of Tigers was a couple less than 1350. This represents less than ONE MONTH'S production of T-34/85's. The guts it would take to be in a German AFV knowing you will eventually be overwhelmed. The guts it took to be in a Russian tank knowing you were outgunned and if you by chance did see the working end of a German machine you were probably dead...
After working on my Panzer IVs .. makes one wonder ...what if the Germans had just stuck with that carriage... it was just as versatile as the Sherman Chassis...as they could have pumped those out with a variety of gun mounts ...they used less fuel...steel...and other resources ...throw in a few Panthers... and you might have had a different ball game ;)

Guess it's lucky Hitler was a megalomaniac ;)

Happy TankingImage

ALPHA
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

It all boiled down to resources and manpower. I agree Alpha if they had concentrated on the Mk. IV they could have made many more tanks but still not near enough to compete with the combined might of Russia, U.S. and U.K./Commonwealth.
With a virtual unending supply of manpower, by the end the allies were catching up in crew expertise and just shear numbers of crew. We haven't even mentioned air power! More tanks, lots more targets! Without a WMD Germany was doomed eventually no matter what...

Which I have always asked the question with everything that Germany did during the war particularly in the East why did they resist using Chemical or bio weapons? I can't believe with all their fanaticism that it was purely out of fear of retaliation or perhaps it was that simple. I just have never heard it really discussed why in all the countless books and programs I have seen and read...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
As a Corporal in WWI, Hitler was subjected to an attack using Gas and as a result, swore off it's use in WWII. This is what I have read on why despite the evil in his regime, he never stooped to defying the Geneva Conventions on gas usage against enemy combatants or the general population. Everything else was fair game including the desperate attempt to build an atomic device.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”