Jadgpanzer L70/V Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Jadgpanzer L70/V Build

Post by ALPHA »

Hey dgsselkirk... this tank is actually finished right? how about posting one picture of it on Mcevoyi's June 6 Memorial build thread
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =1&t=12013... think it would be perfect :D

Carpe Diem SirImage

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

A good source for the small spings that you modeled in copper for the rear fenders is the spring used to push up the flint in the cheap see thu cigarette lighters. They are real metal springs so you could actually make those rear fender flaps work if you cut and hinged them. If not they are nice and thin and look good. I've started to replace the molded on springs on my American tanks loaders hatches with them.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

springs from disposable lighters !!????!!.........who finds this stuff out !!
Mr Giant, did you discover these springs by any particular way ?!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Alpha, pics of finished tank today. Unfortunately it was only the L48 that was around on D-D and immediate fighting the next month. The L70 was produced late Aug. on...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

greengiant wrote:A good source for the small spings that you modeled in copper for the rear fenders is the spring used to push up the flint in the cheap see thu cigarette lighters. They are real metal springs so you could actually make those rear fender flaps work if you cut and hinged them. If not they are nice and thin and look good. I've started to replace the molded on springs on my American tanks loaders hatches with them.
Damn it! I quit smoking 2 years ago! :haha: I will have to look around and see if I have any old ones kicking around. That spring would be pretty short though wouldn't it?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:Alpha, pics of finished tank today. Unfortunately it was only the L48 that was around on D-D and immediate fighting the next month. The L70 was produced late Aug. on...
Doesn't really Matter dgsselkirk...I think the intent behind the idea Mcevoyi had ... was just for the group to have fun.. Heck all my contributions are Girls Und Panzer :haha: who were never around during D Day...Still think your Jagd would be awesome there...though many have made it...it's still something rare and unusual to see ;)

Have a great weekend dgsselkirkImage

Happy Tanking Image

ALPHA
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

First, I would like to introduce my new crew commander Greta! @) @) @)

O.K. guys here are some almost finished shots. Still have a little more streaking to do and some buff highlights but it is basically done. I didn't bother doing pics of painting, chipping, weathering, etc.. Just showing the basic finished product.

Someone on another forum asked me how it was held together since he saw the magnets but it actually doen't even need them. It actually hooks under the old front end and locks into the tail hooks at the rear. I didn't really plan it that way it just turned out that way! :D
Also here are pics of the temperary inside set up. I will be putting a super smoker so the speaker will actually stand upright. Also a remote power switch will be put in a box I have to build to sit under one of the rear hatches which open.
Attachments
L70 build 66.jpg
L70 build 66.jpg (42.16 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 65.jpg
L70 build 65.jpg (61.02 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 64.jpg
L70 build 64.jpg (53.98 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 63.jpg
L70 build 63.jpg (45.43 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 62.jpg
L70 build 62.jpg (54.44 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 61.jpg
L70 build 61.jpg (52.19 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 60.jpg
L70 build 60.jpg (50.26 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 59.jpg
L70 build 59.jpg (79.32 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
L70 build 54.jpg
L70 build 54.jpg (38.19 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think: .............. I'm thinking Greta scares me more than the tank :haha: :haha: ...Dang her crew must snap to lol

Too Good dgsselkirk :thumbup:

Carpe Diem Sir Image

ALPHA
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Yes, I have the fastest reloader in the regiment! Greta is remorseless...:haha:

How about some cheap video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxY_8r ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qr0Des ... e=youtu.be
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I met this sheila in a club one night a while back !!.........Im sure of it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”