1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Very good. ;o) That's true. Some small detail and figure work left then stencils and weathering. This promises to be a quiet weekend so some work should get done and some fun should be had.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Very good. ;o) That's true. Some small detail and figure work left then stencils and weathering. This promises to be a quiet weekend so some work should get done and some fun should be had.
regards,
Painless
It's pretty amazing how just that little touch of red changed the whole profile Painless... She looks way more complete Paint wise ...I say that because I know you are going to add a bunch more to her...as she stands.... she's great looking ..and will only get better :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Thanks, Alpha, Good advice is a Gold Standard. Tonight, I continued detailing, mounting the hammer, axe and shovel, barrel cleaning rods and oil tank. This was simple fun entailing some measurement, drilling pilot holes with the yankee drill then larger ones using a handle and a 1/32 bit for the tool pegs to glue into. In the case of the oil tank, I made pegs for it then mounted it along side the gas cans. Pictures:
Attachments
The Wehrmacht improves on the Red Army's brutal tank design
The Wehrmacht improves on the Red Army's brutal tank design
Almost ready for markings
Almost ready for markings
Soviet style fuel drum pressed into service as an oil container
Soviet style fuel drum pressed into service as an oil container
Oil can pegged for mounting
Oil can pegged for mounting
Oil can pegged for mounting.JPG (82.79 KiB) Viewed 3458 times
Tools and barrel cleaning rods securely in place
Tools and barrel cleaning rods securely in place
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The joker from Colorado- we have a winner !
The new owners of this steel Megalodon sure do have the pride of ownership thing going on.
Everything sits just right.
May I request a couple of M42 helmets hanging on for good measure please !!? :thumbup:

P.S. Dont tell me you dont have the room :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :think: ...............Does she list to one side 8O .............. :haha: Just kidding Painless... awesome placement of the stowage :thumbup: ...kind of wondering what's going on on the other side though :shifty:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Herman, thank you for the compliments! Work is ongoing. I have a driver to do and add as well as a cupola mg34. I do have a pith helmet to paint and add and a couple of Series 42 helmets with chin straps that I will hang. Some chains as well ;o) Thanks to Sassgrunt, I have some new smoker hose for a last improvement under the hood. So almost ready for markings like the photo said. Alpha, no listing, just the angle of the photo. Here are a few quick shots this morning of the other side. Note: The tank suspension is on a display wooden block so normal track slack is affected.
Attachments
Silhouette Drivers side
Silhouette Drivers side
Drivers side rear bulkhead
Drivers side rear bulkhead
Drivers side view
Drivers side view
...Here for the Dawn...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

well painless ...
I initially thought you had a gone a colour to far [tri colour] but its ok as is, it is certainly a monster, but the detail is certainly something old chap wot wot .....
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, CH,
I'm glad you like it. ;o) The paint was some work but I had a great pattern to go off of per Gielie's KV-1 with the same sort of Malta tri-color invasion paint scheme. It _is_ a Monster. *chuckles* The dogs get up on the stairs behind me and watch it very carefully when I run it. It shakes the floor as it goes by. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Now seeing all views of your KV 2..... I have to say... Everybody "NEEDS" one of these :haha: :haha: :haha:

I like it Painless... well thought out and very balanced :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I am having so much fun with this one. ;o) Strong, simplistic to work on and just grand to run and play. It is amazing on display and almost worry free in use. I do recommend that the tankers here have at least one KV-1 or 2 in their collection. Literal tons of parts in plastic or metal and complete lower hulls and swap out turrets and superstructures are available to build the Soviet armor of your choice.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”