1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

Post by PainlessWolf »

Research for this tank was over with in March along with a lot of normalcy and it has taken a while to get to this point. The first of the parts for this long awaited build arrived today. Pictures:
Attachments
IR apple, battling will be fun.
IR apple, battling will be fun.
IR apple, battling will be fun..JPG (98.08 KiB) Viewed 6341 times
Most of the parts needed to turn the lower hull of a KV-1 into the Capture version
Most of the parts needed to turn the lower hull of a KV-1 into the Capture version
IR Turret is nearly as big as the last Sherman I was working on.
IR Turret is nearly as big as the last Sherman I was working on.
Parts from Panzer Command
Parts from Panzer Command
Parts from Panzer Command.JPG (72.72 KiB) Viewed 6341 times
KV-2 at last
KV-2 at last
KV-2 at last.JPG (99.22 KiB) Viewed 6341 times
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: 1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

Post by ALPHA »

A lot of goodies you got there Painless... How long before the build starts?
Should be a blast... waiting to see just how good the Taigen chassis is :D

Have a good one sir :thumbup:

ALPHA
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Looking fw to this, I going from a capt. Kv and you are building one, cool ;-)
Drammen Rock City
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Alpha, Now that the turret and accessories are here, I can order the Taigen KV-1. I'll also order a couple of good MG's and the Notek light. Some plastic KV-1 track would not be amiss for hull mounted spares. Everything else should be included. I decided to use the Taigen 2.4 on this one and maybe improve the speaker. My first IBU-2 purchase, I am saving for that Taigen Tiger 1 build since it has no electronics. I am psyched to begin this tank. It is like I am picking up my life again from that huge disconnect back in March.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Max,
I saw your video of yours running. The KV-2s are so impressive when all that mass gets to moving. The great sound that you have installed is just the cherry on top. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
Alpha, Now that the turret and accessories are here, I can order the Taigen KV-1. I'll also order a couple of good MG's and the Notek light. Some plastic KV-1 track would not be amiss for hull mounted spares. Everything else should be included. I decided to use the Taigen 2.4 on this one and maybe improve the speaker. My first IBU-2 purchase, I am saving for that Taigen Tiger 1 build since it has no electronics. I am psyched to begin this tank. It is like I am picking up my life again from that huge disconnect back in March.
regards,
Painless
For the nortek light.. you might check Mato Mart...they have a sale to the end of the month...if you have any points with them.. you might be able to get it completely free ... no shipping charges either ... maybe even a metal cupola if you have enough points ;)

Who do you order your Taigens from? Is the place US based ?

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Thank you for the tip on the Nortek light. I try to buy complete tanks from here in the US or MATOMART in Canada to save on shipping. Artistic Hobbies is the place I use most often for Taigen. I have bought turrets and larger pieces from Dave at Forgebear but even he warned me away from trying to buy complete tanks there or overseas in Germany. The shipping is a killer. I bought a map case from RCTANK.DE for Maxene's commander as a test and the shipping was twice the price of the case so I can imagine what an entire tank would cost to ship. Having said that, I buy Schumo parts sets from Axel's Modelbau and the shipping is not that ferocious. I buy from Welsh Dragon as well and now this turret from Panzer Command. Generally, shipping from the UK is cheaper than from Germany or Asia or Australia.
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Hi Painless , I don't know which gearboxes Taigen use , whether they are Mato/HL metal ones or the original Asiatam type , but they have different gearbox shafts - the sprockets and tracks are brand dependent , beware they don't mix :(
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Blimp,
Good Morning, sir. The Taigen KV-1 will come with the Asiatam lower hull, gearboxes and tracks and torsion bar suspension, sprockets, idlers, adjusters, road wheels, etc, all in metal. A hefty tank. The Torro turret is designed to plug right into the existing RX-18 or IBU-2 boards. The basics are there, I have to take care of the cosmetics and details\weathering and any upgrades to the existing details. Thank you for the heads up, my friend.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Where do you get a 1/16th scale KV-2 turret? And how much is it?
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6

Return to “Other Builds”