1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1942 Capture KV-2 754(r)

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mike!
Thank you, sir. I should get a few more years out of these upgrades. ;o) The 'Palace' remains one of my all time favorite builds and is one of the best driving tanks I have. ( Especially now ) Here soon, maybe this Autumn, it's older, Big Brother will make an appearance on the shop counter. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Attachments
On to Malta!
On to Malta!
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Fantastic news Mr Painless it's finally back together and more robust. A fitting upgrade to such a large beast.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
Mucho appreciated, mi' amigo! These black can motors allow decent creep but can also bring all of that tank up to a scary speed if I am too heavy handed on the stick. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi painlesswolf
glad to see shes running again and glad we could help you out to do that
now put that big hammer away now :haha:

all the best :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Dave and Julie,
There are quite a few of my builds which wouldn't be around if you folks had not been there to provide the Excellence as Usual that is your Store. Thanks again, always! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning, Dave and Julie,
There are quite a few of my builds which wouldn't be around if you folks had not been there to provide the Excellence as Usual that is your Store. Thanks again, always! ;o)
regards,
Painless
its been our pleasure thanks dave and julie
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening all!
A quick video to show off a few of the Palace' features. This is the first ever video of this WWll Warhorse!
regards and enjoy!
Painless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bMcD3gcGQ4
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Thank you for the video. It really looks like a smooth-running monster, now. I will admit, though, to being somewhat distracted by the Time Tunnel in the background.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mike!
*laughes* I will have to remember to unplug that thing when doing countertop videos. ;o) I also forgot to show elevation. In my haste to get this snippet recorded before Griffy came back from showering, I am lucky to have remembered to turn the 'Record' function on. ;o)
I noticed that when I turned down the (stock Taigen ) speaker, the sound of the recoil 'snap' is overpowering the cannon Boom. I have a new speaker and control coming from Maxmekker so that will allow me to crank the volume up again without distortion. Boy, that smoker works great with the Mega Steam fluid. It is also the stock smoker, one of the clear box types. The 5000Mah battery now powering all of this really brought the 'Palace' to life in a way that the original battery never did. ( 3000Mah ) Glad you enjoyed the short show off, my Friend. I hope to get an outdoor run in this weekend, weather permitting.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening!
New speaker and volume control mounted in the 'Palace' tonight. The install required trimming off existing mounting tower stubs for the smoker and old speaker control to fit the larger speaker box in. I also cut down the (left over from a Heng Long type screw mount) tower on the drivers side so the upper would sit flat on the lower with the new speaker installed. A quick assembly of new, scratch mounts for the smoker on\off and the volume pot allow access to those controls through the drivers hatch now. I'll do that outdoor test run now. The new speaker gives great rumble to the stock sounds and allows for a slightly louder volume than the old one. No distortion but the MFU in the 'Palace' has always had a sweet spot where the volume works but will dim considerably on either side of that spot on the volume knob. I was hoping it was the old volume control or speaker but I guess it is in the MFU. ( and yes, I put the red wire in the center ;o) I will take whatever improvement I can get and one day just replace the Taigen electronics with a Clark system.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”