Crazy Joe's Sherman Rehabilitation

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
scalawag

Re: Crazy Joe's Sherman Rehabilitation

Post by scalawag »

That looks fantastic Painless. Good job with the detailing and weathering, love it :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Scalawag,
Thank you, Sir. ;o). I will get a Show-Off thread up later this week once the new antenna arrives. I plan on using rope to tie it down out of the way like Sgt. Pool did on the real 'ln The Mood'.
Warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I love it mate.............subtle - like the 'B' in subtle !!
the right balance of enviromental effects and crew living requirements.
Mr poole would be rightly proud Im sure.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I NEEDS TO SEE IT IN A BETTER SPECTRUM OF LIGHT .................... :shifty: ................... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Boy ...when the tank gets dusty... no one is around to wash it :haha: :haha: Makes you wonder if that's when the first graffiti was written onto dust..coining the phrase
" WASH ME" ;) ..................... :D .............. :haha:

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ALPHA wrote:I NEEDS TO SEE IT IN A BETTER SPECTRUM OF LIGHT .................... :shifty: ................... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Boy ...when the tank gets dusty... no one is around to wash it :haha: :haha: Makes you wonder if that's when the first graffiti was written onto dust..coining the phrase

ALPHA

I believe the ancient British clans would adopt such graffiti on their war chariots!

Back on topic, the mood is looking fantastic! I look forward to seeing her photographed outside!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:
ALPHA wrote:I NEEDS TO SEE IT IN A BETTER SPECTRUM OF LIGHT .................... :shifty: ................... :haha:

ALPHA

I believe the ancient British clans would adopt such graffiti on their war chariots!
AH!...thus the invention of the vehicle wash... ;)

;) ................... :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Herman, thank you, my friend. ;o) I did want this build to roll along in the tracks left by the Sgt.'s short lived but highly effective M4A1.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
*chuckles* I would have to cry now if someone came along and washed this tank after hours of careful application of dust, dirt, grime and metal wear marks last night. Those pics were taken at 11:00pm after I had finished coiling the extra rope up. I'll get better light this weekend for outdoor shots now that Winter is over 'again' here on the Front Range. I can already see this morning that the 'Mood' is much lighter in color than 'Maxene' due to replicating all the dirt on the tank that I saw in that picture of Pool taking her across the bridge in Belgium.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tom,
The snow has melted and it's warming up so I'll mow the lawn on Sat. That will be a good time to simulate the rolling fields of Belgium and get 'In The Mood' and 'Maxene' out to replicate that one broadside pic of the tank underway. I'm looking forward to a Show-Off thread myself. I'm kind of amazed how good it turned out with just my hackneyed efforts applied. I wonder what someone with the eye and wallet for super detail could really do with Mato's Sherman?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
*chuckles* I would have to cry now if someone came along and washed this tank after hours of careful application of dust, dirt, grime and metal wear marks last night. Those pics were taken at 11:00pm after I had finished coiling the extra rope up. I'll get better light this weekend for outdoor shots now that Winter is over 'again' here on the Front Range. I can already see this morning that the 'Mood' is much lighter in color than 'Maxene' due to replicating all the dirt on the tank that I saw in that picture of Pool taking her across the bridge in Belgium.
warm regards,
Painless
Saw the photo on Maxene's redux thread... looks better in that light for some reason...but hey washing is a state of mind...just lucky ol'pool didn't park under a tree
that was filled with birds...that had their fill ;)

Carpe Diem Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “Other Builds”