Sherman Duplex Drive...

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Sherman Duplex Drive...

Post by FredtheFrench »

Hello everybody.

I would like to present my Sherman DD tank project.

This is a link for the beginning of construction because I have not the pictures...

http://www.forum-rc-panzer.com/t5705-Pr ... -Drive.htm

This Sherman will participate for the D day this year. For this reason I need to finish fast...

Now, I have painted the chassis and bonded with glue, the canvas on the frames. I hope to do the first floating test before end of month, with or without the propellers...

The link for youtube to see the propellers test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gwaH3bK8Z0

The electronic inside is a Clark TK22 for Sherman and the speaker was here just to try and It is a simple Heng long speaker.

And now, this is the last pictures taken today...

Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Sherman Duplex Drive...

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Fred,
Holy Cow! That is amazing! It certainly looks like you will be done in time for D-Day this year.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Now that's a great build.. is that the Nick Aguilar Hull? What a fantastic build :thumbup:

ALPHA
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Yes Alpha, It s is the Nick Aguilar hull for an M4a3. The problem is the DD tank don' t exist with this model. For this reason, I need to modify the hull to made a M4a4, but I know I have few errors. Length of chassis, front transmission cover....

But just the Sherman Fans can see this errors.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

FredtheFrench wrote:Yes Alpha, It s is the Nick Aguilar hull for an M4a3. The problem is the DD tank don' t exist with this model. For this reason, I need to modify the hull to made a M4a4, but I know I have few errors. Length of chassis, front transmission cover....

But just the Sherman Fans can see this errors.
No worries Fred... no rivet counter in me... I just like all the modifications you have done.... I'm pretty amazed anyone even tried to make this version of the Sherman ... As far as I know they were pretty obscure... and only a few actually made it to the beaches...I think you did an outstanding job with the fabrication ...and application of not only the duplex hull with propeller drives... but all the canvas skirtings

I'm just doing a few finishing touches on my Sherman.. Has the FoV hull... which is similar to the Nick Aguilar Hull....there are many flaws on my build as well... but it's hard with a Sherman to be perfectly accurate ... as the variants were many in number

I know your model is more specific... but if anyone questions you.. just tell them to build one :haha: ...I think if I tried it would probably sink ...which might be historically accurate ... but no fun at all ;)

Great Job Fred :thumbup:

ALPHA
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

A big thank you for the comment!!!!
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

hello old chap wot wot
as mike says you build it as you like it this is a Sherman so there is artistic licence ,use it....wot wot
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:hello old chap wot wot
as mike says you build it as you like it this is a Sherman so there is artistic licence ,use it....wot wot
This one is cool right canned? ... see Fred...you have got just about the best seal of approval... Canned has built and owns quite a few Shermans... and has a keen eye when it comes to the building of one .. just don't make it too pretty ...otherwise he might put a "wanting" on it lol :haha:

ALPHA
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

Surprised we've not had a pop it in the post to me already wot wot :haha: :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jaw7620 wrote:Surprised we've not had a pop it in the post to me already wot wot :haha: :haha:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Other Builds”