Cromwell Mk 4 1:16 scratch build Ludwig kit

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Cromwell Mk 4 1:16 scratch build Ludwig kit

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

c.rainford73 wrote:Another fine build congratulations Image

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Many thanks, Carl!. You've not been much in evidence lately, and so I hope life is treating you well :thumbup: Have a great Christmas, if at all possible!
I guess it's pretty much 'Journey's end' for this project. No doubt many have thought that, and then dusted the cobwebs off, years later. :/ But for now, that's it. :D
It was also pretty much Journey's end for this recce Cromwell, near the Bahnhof, in Hamburg I note that there's a Challenger (elongated Cromwell with a 17-Pounder) just behind the Cromwell. The 17-Pounder Challengers were there to support Cromwells, in the event of a Tiger turning up... 8O :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

David Doyle bought out many of the books from the library of the defunct Squadron/Signal. I have bought some of the German language ones (and one in Polish with a German title fooled me :haha:). Now I am reading and looking carefully through Britische Panzer from the 1970s (that was just yesterday, as I recall). So now I can appreciate your Cromwell more and more.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great photo - the challenger looks appealing as a next project Roy ;)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I always enjoy your unique contributions, Prof :thumbup:
Adam... no way!. :D I'd like a Churchill to add to the Comet, Cromwell, and Firefly I"ve built- if I ever have the years, and the folding to do another 'flatpack'; but detours into Matilda, Crusader,and Challenger territory will have to be strictly off-limits. :lolno:
Hmm..as I recall, one of our Dutch members was working on the Challenger and making a good job of it.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Other Builds”