1/16 Flak 36 88mm

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.

Postby Will01Capri » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:17 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:"Be fun watching someone hide the wiring, but all possible". Yes Will, l had considered that but then realised that you will be embedding all the required wiring in the printing process ;)

Well, someone has to do it!! :/

Some of them yes, others might be more difficult. I cannot begin to think how IR guys will hide the wires, but they can worry about that.
The recoil and elevation wiring may hide down inside, but there is no slip ring installed here, so caution will have to be used upon installation.
Will have better idea when i get the first prototype fully operational :)
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Will01Capri » Mon May 03, 2021 8:01 am

Sneak peak, 2channel test only at this time
phpBB [video]

The next 88 i build will have recoil upgrades aswell, for now this will keep as the initial test mule and go with an AA setup we have planned
Yes the servos are not smooth, i will work on that, there are no limits set, its just me checking it for movement and play.
I am well pleased with it and its a beast :)
Will01Capri

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:34 am

Beast it certainly is - you could swat flies with that!!

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby Will01Capri » Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:Beast it certainly is - you could swat flies with that!!

Haha, i have to say i didn't even try to run full speed stick controls, but there is time for that next weekend. It has rapid movement.

Planning on setting up 2 or 3 of these running off a new generator we have on the build queue and running multi searchlights connected with a radio truck. then the central control unit will run servos for all guns & lights and move together!
Will01Capri

Postby General Jumbo01 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:12 pm

Sounds like a fantastic plan. It would certainly provide a great focal point for an exhibition display.

General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby Met5 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Will01Capri wrote:Sneak peak, 2channel test only at this time
phpBB [video]

The next 88 i build will have recoil upgrades aswell, for now this will keep as the initial test mule and go with an AA setup we have planned
Yes the servos are not smooth, i will work on that, there are no limits set, its just me checking it for movement and play.

as well as being too fast, the movements are jerky. The servo in sight is unwatchable .....

Met5
Lance Corporal

Postby jarndice » Tue May 04, 2021 6:07 pm

Met5 wrote:

as well as being too fast, the movements are jerky. The servo in sight is unwatchable .....

I am sure we would all be very pleased to see your version especially as this is a work in progress/Prototype.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Will01Capri » Tue May 04, 2021 6:53 pm

Met5 wrote:
Will01Capri wrote:Sneak peak, 2channel test only at this time
phpBB [video]

I guess you like the green though?
Will01Capri

Postby Met5 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:08 pm

jarndice wrote: I am sure we would all be very pleased to see your version especially as this is a work in progress/Prototype.

When I write it is because I have already faced this problems and solved them. You can see three years of work in this thread (maybe you had missed it :) )

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27595

It took me more than a month of my time to get to this result:

this was much simpler:

the final result:

I love to present my WIPs when I have solved problems, showing a path that others can take

Will01Capri wrote: I guess you like the green though?

I think a worse color was impossible :). :). :)

Met5
Lance Corporal

Postby Will01Capri » Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 pm

Few upgrades and more tests
phpBB [video]

Also took it for a few test runs with rear steering servo setup
phpBB [video]
Will01Capri

Postby jarndice » Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Brilliant, If you could just encourage your lady to put my name down for one when it is ready for market I will be a very happy bunny :thumbup: :haha:
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Will01Capri » Sun May 09, 2021 11:28 pm

jarndice wrote:Brilliant, If you could just encourage your lady to put my name down for one when it is ready for market I will be a very happy bunny :thumbup: :haha:

She has already, just fettling it to be sure before we make any more.
Have to say we have enjoyed taking it for a run today.
Cat & the kids have all had a go and I have to say I was ultra impressed when Cat reversed the flak with apparent ease and both the kids picked up the rear steering straight away.
Looks like I need to make myself another model for myself, I can see I have lost this one.
May aswell get on with the Flak40 at some point :)
Will01Capri

Postby silversurfer1947 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:15 am

I expect this will already be within your field of knowledge, but just in case I thought I would post it anyway. Watching the video of the 88 in action, some of the movements are a little violent. I have come across this https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/shop/s ... ervo-slow/ It is adjustable up to 15 seconds.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Postby Will01Capri » Mon May 10, 2021 2:51 pm

silversurfer1947 wrote:I expect this will already be within your field of knowledge, but just in case I thought I would post it anyway. Watching the video of the 88 in action, some of the movements are a little violent. I have come across this https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/shop/s ... ervo-slow/ It is adjustable up to 15 seconds.

Thanks for the post, we have seen those also.
The latest video we just changed the pivot arm lengths on the servo and then used the channels with pots on the flysky fsi16x transmitter turning them by hand.
To be fair the notchy movements are now down to servo resolution and you can see at some angles this can lead to a non smooth movement.
I am sure a higher grade servo could help greatly but just helps increase the price.
I just wish I could do electronics and setup with geared motors and arduino etc, but that stuff is beyond me.
It's like everything, everything could be made better. :)
So further changes may occur with time
Will01Capri

Previous

Return to Other Builds